Spider-Man Far From Home

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Spider-Man Far From Home

Post by SamuriHL »

VetteManiac wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:08 pm

I cleaned it prior to my initial posting and it looked pristine. I tried cleaning it last night after I read your post and Makemkv couldn't read it. I opened the drive, looked at the disc, put it back in and it worked. It's almost like I needed a special sequence of events to happen before it would work.
Hold on....what drive and firmware is this? That sounds suspiciously like encountering the sleep bug. Was the drive making a nasty noise before you took the disc out and put it back in? Just a hunch...I could be wrong.
VetteManiac

Post by VetteManiac »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:14 am
VetteManiac wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:08 pm

I cleaned it prior to my initial posting and it looked pristine. I tried cleaning it last night after I read your post and Makemkv couldn't read it. I opened the drive, looked at the disc, put it back in and it worked. It's almost like I needed a special sequence of events to happen before it would work.
Hold on....what drive and firmware is this? That sounds suspiciously like encountering the sleep bug. Was the drive making a nasty noise before you took the disc out and put it back in? Just a hunch...I could be wrong.
It's a LG WH16NS40 with firmware version 1.02. What is this "sleep bug"?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The sleep bug is well documented for friendly drives like yours. Essentially if you put a UHD in the drive and wait a period of time before accessing it, the disc becomes unreadable. You'll hear it grinding away as you try to read it and it will never do so. The disc has to be ejected and put back in the drive and immediately accessed before it encounters the sleep bug again. Once the drive is being accessed before the sleep bug, it should be fine for the duration of reading it. But if it goes to sleep before you try reading it with makemkv, it won't work.
HelloThere

Post by HelloThere »

You talked about an "protected ISO" using ImgBurn to create.
But I understand this correct, this ISO got still the copy protection and can´t be play,
like via an jailbreaked Oppo 203 with .iso support?
VetteManiac

Post by VetteManiac »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:52 pm
The sleep bug is well documented for friendly drives like yours. Essentially if you put a UHD in the drive and wait a period of time before accessing it, the disc becomes unreadable. You'll hear it grinding away as you try to read it and it will never do so. The disc has to be ejected and put back in the drive and immediately accessed before it encounters the sleep bug again. Once the drive is being accessed before the sleep bug, it should be fine for the duration of reading it. But if it goes to sleep before you try reading it with makemkv, it won't work.
On mine I put the disc in and I access it right away when I have attempted to rip it. Is there anyway I can check for this bug?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

VetteManiac wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:22 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:52 pm
On mine I put the disc in and I access it right away when I have attempted to rip it. Is there anyway I can check for this bug?
If you are using a "UHD Friendly" drive with "UHD Friendly" firmware, then YES the bug is there.

If you actually want to see it in action, put a UHD disc in your drive, close the tray and leave it for about 3-5 minutes. Do not access the drive at all and don't let any applications access it either. After the 3-5 minutes is up open MakeMKV and see if it can read the disc. You will probably hear a lovely disc crunching sound coming from your drive.

To resolve the bug, just open the drive tray, wait a few seconds and close the drive tray. Now applications can read the UHD disc again.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

I'm still getting the "...video can't be decrypted" error for this 4K movie. I sent the Dump files on 10/6 and 10/26. Is there something I'm missing?
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

dmillionz wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:07 am
I'm still getting the "...video can't be decrypted" error for this 4K movie. I sent the Dump files on 10/6 and 10/26. Is there something I'm missing?
Read this thread:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17848

Try the troubleshooting steps discussed there. If the HKs are updating for you without issue (in other words, you have no DNS issues). Post and update with the full error as returned by MakeMKV for further review/advise.
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

st4evr wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:27 am
dmillionz wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:07 am
Read this thread:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17848

Try the troubleshooting steps discussed there. If the HKs are updating for you without issue (in other words, you have no DNS issues). Post and update with the full error as returned by MakeMKV for further review/advise.
Changing DNS to Google's resolved the issue for me.