Opening Us (2019) UHD broke my drive

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
GenaricName

Opening Us (2019) UHD broke my drive

Post by GenaricName »

Earlier I was opening the UHD disk for Us, the Jordan Peele film from earlier this year, and I seem to have experienced the same problem from this thread:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5847

I got the error message that my AACS certificate was revoked and now my drive can't open any blu-ray disks anymore, despite having worked on all the disks in my collection earlier. I was on MakeMKV 1.14.4, Windows 10, and the drive is the LG WH16NS40, but with the firmware version that's "UHD Friendly".

Is there any way to fix this, and if not, is there a way to ensure I don't brick my drive in the future if I get a replacement?
Woodstock

Re: Opening Us (2019) UHD broke my drive

Post by Woodstock »

Have you tried v1.14.5?

Does your drive show that it is being recognized and accessed via LibreDrive?

And, did you send the AACS dump to svq@makemkv.com ?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
GenaricName

Post by GenaricName »

Looked like 1.14.5 fixed the issue. I wasn't optimistic because the change notes only listed "Some small miscellaneous improvements", without any mention of new AACS versions or anything, but it looks like updating was enough. Thanks!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Among the misc. improvements, though, was a mechanism to allow (at least) LibreDrive-capable drives to deal with new versions of AACS better. I haven't tested it to see if it also works with non-LD drives, because I haven't seen an AACSv72 disk yet.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging