Joker failed to open - dump sent

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
rbphelan
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by rbphelan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Joker 4K retail failed to open. Sending dump now.

crzyirishman
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:18 pm

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by crzyirishman » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 pm

Just had the same issue. How does this work? Do I need to send a dump somewhere?

zltful
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:10 am

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by zltful » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:52 pm

You shouldn't need to send in if it is for the same retail disc set.

If it is for a rental like Red Box or Netflix, then you can.
I don't have the email handy to mail the dump file to but someone should chime in with it soonish.

wschmitt55
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by wschmitt55 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:32 pm

Same issue for me.

Dumb question: how do I send a dump file?

rbphelan
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by rbphelan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 pm

As I've already sent the dump file you shouldn't need to send another. Usually in a day or so (sometimes within hours) Mike will update the key file. Keep trying and eventually it should work. If you need to send a dump file see the hashed keys note pinned at the top of this section. Sometimes there are other versions that will require additional keys. Give it time. The blu-ray worked just fine.

d00zah
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by d00zah » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:25 pm

wschmitt55 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:32 pm
Same issue for me.

Dumb question: how do I send a dump file?
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=16883

Refer to section 'How do I discover the key for a disc I have?'.

crzyirishman
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:18 pm

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by crzyirishman » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 pm

rbphelan wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 pm
As I've already sent the dump file you shouldn't need to send another. Usually in a day or so (sometimes within hours) Mike will update the key file. Keep trying and eventually it should work. If you need to send a dump file see the hashed keys note pinned at the top of this section. Sometimes there are other versions that will require additional keys. Give it time. The blu-ray worked just fine.
Appreciate it!

heyriddle
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by heyriddle » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:57 am

I just sent the RedBox dump file in case it is different than the retail dump sent in earlier.

rbphelan
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by rbphelan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Retail version is working.

Thanks Mike!!!

sanman68
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:47 am

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by sanman68 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:54 pm

Redbox version is working. Thanks

palmerwallace
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by palmerwallace » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:19 am

Anyone having issues with playback right after the title card? Weird that I have no issues playing the file back on a SSD drive, but when I place the MKV rip onto my NAS it stutters throughout the entire exchange with the therapist. Picture and audio both stutter...not like the audio stutter on Black Hawk Down UHD.

allavallava
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by allavallava » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:02 am

4K retail version still a no go... Anyone have success?

rbphelan
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by rbphelan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:32 pm

allavallava wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:02 am
4K retail version still a no go... Anyone have success?
It worked for me - purchased at BestBuy. You may have a different key so send in a dump file.

allavallava
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by allavallava » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:35 am

rbphelan wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:32 pm
allavallava wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:02 am
4K retail version still a no go... Anyone have success?
It worked for me - purchased at BestBuy. You may have a different key so send in a dump file.
Thanks for the heads up. Dump file submitted.

allavallava
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Joker failed to open - dump sent

Post by allavallava » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:04 pm

rbphelan wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:32 pm
allavallava wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:02 am
4K retail version still a no go... Anyone have success?
It worked for me - purchased at BestBuy. You may have a different key so send in a dump file.
Sent my file earlier, and I am good to go! Thanks team!

Post Reply