The Dark Knight Trilogy not ripping

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Niggi Biggi

The Dark Knight Trilogy not ripping

Post by Niggi Biggi »

I have repeatedly been trying to rip my boxset of The Dark Knight trilogy without luck. I tried downgrading to a previous version of MakeMKV, cleaning my discs with soap and wiping with microfibers, but nothing has worked so far.

This seems strange, since I have not experienced any ripping problems with my other 4K discs, which have all ripped without any hassle.

Stranger still, they all seem to fail ripping for the same reason.

I have attached two logs from The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, but as mentioned previously, all discs run into the same problem.

I am using MakeMKV version 1.14.7.0.
My drive is the LG BH16NS55, firmware version 1.02.
Attachments
The Dark Knight Rises - Failed 4K Rip.txt
(28.1 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
The Dark Knight - Failed 4K Rip.txt
(25.88 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
Woodstock

Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy not ripping

Post by Woodstock »

Both disks at least one area that your drive cannot read:
The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00030.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 31691894784, attempting to work around
I don't think updating to the current version will help, but it might.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Niggi Biggi

Post by Niggi Biggi »

I actually managed to rip Batman Begins last night, quite surprisingly.
I had updated to 1.14.7.0 and downloaded the keys_hashed.txt file.

I still haven't managed to rip The Dark Knight, which returns the same error as before, but am currently trying my luck with The Dark Knight Rises.

I will post my findings when I know more.

EDIT (24.02.2020): By sheer luck I have now managed to rip both The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, even though I ran into the same errors with The Dark Knight I had posted previously. Not sure what did it, but it's great to have the movies on my HDD.
naamang

Post by naamang »

I'm getting the same issue trying to rip The Grand Budapest Hotel but it just keep trying... and trying... and trying... So I click the red hand symbol (stop), click "yes" on the pop-up box asking if I want to stop it, but it just ignores the request and keep looping the same error message. I even ejected the disk and it just keep spitting out the same "attempting to work around" error line, after line, after line. Finally just shut down the software and restarted it with another movie rip. They need to fix this. If the workaround isn't working, it makes no sense to just keep trying the same process over and over again and ignore all stop requests.
Unibrowser

Post by Unibrowser »

I ripped all 3 of mine no issue. Either a disk issue or an optical drive issue
This is the way