Knives Out UHD

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
bmillham

Re: Knives Out UHD

Post by bmillham »

Walmart retail version still not working. Just submitted the dump.
thrillcat

Post by thrillcat »

Anyone having luck yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

thrillcat wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:30 pm
Anyone having luck yet?
in about 15 minutes...
thrillcat

Post by thrillcat »

mike admin wrote:
thrillcat wrote:
Anyone having luck yet?
in about 15 minutes...
Excellent. Thank you v much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

mike admin wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:43 pm
thrillcat wrote:
Anyone having luck yet?
in about 15 minutes...
Thanks Mike. Backing up now. 945.mpls
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yup, confirmed mine is working now, as well. Thanks, Mike!
rstevens76

Post by rstevens76 »

I have backed up this film twice and all of the scenes are out of order. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

rstevens76 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:39 am
I have backed up this film twice and all of the scenes are out of order. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I haven't tried to watch it yet. What mpls did you rip?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Title 945 was correct on my particular disc. And because I wanted to watch it with madvr, I had to rip it to MKV using the monkey because at the time MakeMKV didn't yet support it. And let me tell you, that experience reenforced the exact process I use because I had massive audio sync issues with the dvdfab created MKV 43 minutes into the movie. I ended up switching to the UB820 and watching the rest of it on disc as a result. Ripping with MakeMKV and using CloneBD to create the MKV worked perfectly with no audio sync issues. Thank god for MakeMKV!!!! These ATMOS tracks are seriously problematic. /soapbox:whining :D
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:08 pm
Title 945 was correct on my particular disc. And because I wanted to watch it with madvr, I had to rip it to MKV using the monkey because at the time MakeMKV didn't yet support it. And let me tell you, that experience reenforced the exact process I use because I had massive audio sync issues with the dvdfab created MKV 43 minutes into the movie. I ended up switching to the UB820 and watching the rest of it on disc as a result. Ripping with MakeMKV and using CloneBD to create the MKV worked perfectly with no audio sync issues. Thank god for MakeMKV!!!! These ATMOS tracks are seriously problematic. /soapbox:whining :D
do you think you'd have same the audio sync issue if you go now straight from the disk to mkv with makemkv? i was under the impression that most of those issues were had with the pixar movies
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The issue is more prominent in Pixar/Disney titles, yes, but, it's a problem with the way ATMOS is stored in MKV. So my guess is that maybe. I don't process them that way and use MakeMKV just as a backup to folder option. The process works really well.
rstevens76

Post by rstevens76 »

I did try a different title (though I don’t remember which one off the top of my head) and it appears to have worked the third time around.
bmillham

Post by bmillham »

I can confirm it's working now for the Walmart retail version. It's interesting but the Walmart version does not seem to have ScreenPass as I only had one title available and it was 945.
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Is there eventually going to be a fix in MakeMKV to enable us to perform full backups of these films while removing ScreenPass?

My issue is that the I want to be able to backup my movies so I can play them back on my Oppo BDP-203, but I don't want to lose Dolby Vision in the process.

If I have to just backup Playlist 945 in this case to an MKV file then I lose the ability to playback Dolby Vision and also run into the Oppo's "issues" with Dolby Atmos tracks in MKV files.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Last edited by jonghotti on Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829