Out of Date Keys?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
WrapperBoi

Out of Date Keys?

Post by WrapperBoi »

New here, just a quick few questions about the hashed keys file I have been curious about. I notice it was last updated in late 2019 but people are still submitting dumps as recently as the last 24 hours.

I also noticed this on the Hashed Keys post..
"Starting from version 1.14.0 MakeMKV can read UHD discs using any BDXL-compatible LibreDrive drive - that includes most "official" and all "friendly" UHD drives."

and this

"Starting from version 1.14.6 MakeMKV fully supports AACS2.1 discs..."

So my questions are, does MakMKV now automatically fetch this key file making the listed one obsolete? Does it even require keys now that MakeMKV fully supports it? Do we still need to flash our drives from included firmware versions?

Please forgive me if the answers to these are obvious and its just going /whoosh with me.
Woodstock

Re: Out of Date Keys?

Post by Woodstock »

If you're referring to the manual download, that file is not updated as frequently as the automatic download that MakeMKV tries to do, if you have not disallowed it. Or, if your system isn't BLOCKING it, which can happen, too.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
WrapperBoi

Post by WrapperBoi »

Woodstock wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:59 pm
If you're referring to the manual download, that file is not updated as frequently as the automatic download that MakeMKV tries to do, if you have not disallowed it. Or, if your system isn't BLOCKING it, which can happen, too.
Does this file only get downloaded when MakeMKV see's that you have inserted a UHD disc provided you have web updates enabled? I have been trying to find where the file is located including the data folder listed in the preferences but I only have "_private_data". How would I be able to tell if its being blocked?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The file is incorporated into _private_data.tar when it is downloaded. Yes, it appears that it is only downloaded when a UHD is inserted.

So checking the date on _private_data.tar will show you when MakeMKV last saw the need for a key update.

If you have debug logging turned on, you'll see the download status reported in the log window.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging