Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
argo44

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by argo44 »

ragico wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:12 pm
Latest Emby beta app for android is capable to play DV Mkv on both shield and ugoos am6 plus even with some problems.
Here; https://emby.media/community/index.php? ... 4-testing/
If anyone can expand on this I would appreciate it. I still can't get DV to trigger with the latest Emby beta. I have re-ripped my file with the latest MakeMKV and no go. Help appreciated.
annisman

Post by annisman »

chrisandy wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:35 am
annisman wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 am
So is DV working with MKV rips now ?

This is my current playback method and haven't seen DV get triggered by my LG CX on any recent DV MKV rips:

HTPC . Emby . MadVR . MPC-BE.

Explain it to me like I'm five. What I gotta do?
Won't work on LG. Have to use a Shield with the custom exoplayer found in this forum/
Wait, how is my television the limiting factor ? And then you say I need to use a different media player. Which is it ?
ragico

Post by ragico »

argo44 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:23 pm
ragico wrote:
Latest Emby beta app for android is capable to play DV Mkv on both shield and ugoos am6 plus even with some problems.
If anyone can expand on this I would appreciate it. I still can't get DV to trigger with the latest Emby beta. I have re-ripped my file with the latest MakeMKV and no go. Help appreciated.
Once you have downloaded the app from the link I have posted, you should sideload it in the shield. If you have another emby version already installed, pls uninstall it first. Then make sure that the emby server is the latest beta version 4.5.0.29
DV mkv play and dolby vision is triggered in this beta app. The main problem is that, after 2/3 minutes, suddenly the player stops without any apparent reason.
This happens with almost all the mkv files.
argo44

Post by argo44 »

ragico wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:29 pm
argo44 wrote:
ragico wrote:
Once you have downloaded the app from the link I have posted, you should sideload it in the shield. If you have another emby version already installed, pls uninstall it first. Then make sure that the emby server is the latest beta version 4.5.0.29
DV mkv play and dolby vision is triggered in this beta app. The main problem is that, after 2/3 minutes, suddenly the player stops without any apparent reason.
Thank you Ragico. I totally didn't know I had to be running a beta server :) I will load that on another machine and give it a go and post back. Thanks!
Bob1321

Post by Bob1321 »

argo44 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:53 pm
ragico wrote:
argo44 wrote:

Thank you Ragico. I totally didn't know I had to be running a beta server :) I will load that on another machine and give it a go and post back. Thanks!

Hello, I install this app to my Firestick 4K. When I start a Dolby Vision movie, the screen is black but I have the sound and I have the Dolby Vision notification on my TV.

I dont have problem with HDR movies

What I can do?
ragico

Post by ragico »

Bob1321 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:12 pm
argo44 wrote:
ragico wrote:

Hello, I install this app to my Firestick 4K. When I start a Dolby Vision movie, the screen is black but I have the sound and I have the Dolby Vision notification on my TV.

I dont have problem with HDR movies

What I can do?
Nothing. The firestick plays correctly only the DV Mel.
If the DV is Fel you get sound and DV triggers on the screen but it remains black.
In this post viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&start=2970 Yusesope is giving us a program to "convert" Fel movies to Mel movies and in this way you can watch them correctly on the Firestick.
argo44

Post by argo44 »

argo44 wrote:
ragico wrote:
argo44 wrote:

Just reporting back. Setup a beta server and used playback with Exoplayer and DV does not trigger. Only HDR10. If someone could post the correct Exoplayer link for confirmation that would be great. Thanks.
gabi.gegea@gmail.com

Post by gabi.gegea@gmail.com »

argo44 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 pm
argo44 wrote:
ragico wrote:

Just reporting back. Setup a beta server and used playback with Exoplayer and DV does not trigger. Only HDR10. If someone could post the correct Exoplayer link for confirmation that would be great. Thanks.
Your files nedd to be single video channel(only video1), not Video1 hdr and video2 dolby vision!
argo44

Post by argo44 »

gabi.gegea@gmail.com wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:42 pm
argo44 wrote:
argo44 wrote:

Your files nedd to be single video channel(only video1), not Video1 hdr and video2 dolby vision!
Alrighty that sounds wonderful! Now, what does that mean and how do I do that? Preeeeesh.
gabi.gegea@gmail.com

argo44 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:35 pm
argo44 wrote:

Alrighty that sounds wonderful! Now, what does that mean and how do I do that? Preeeeesh.
:))) You start learning how to extract the video channel and convert your files or go torrenting.
argo44

Post by argo44 »

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:10 pm
argo44 wrote:

:))) You start learning how to extract the video channel and convert your files or go torrenting.
Haha. I love it. Totally get the response. I'll have to go fishing if no one wants to help haha. I don't torrent though.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

annisman wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:46 pm
chrisandy wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:35 am
annisman wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 am
So is DV working with MKV rips now ?

This is my current playback method and haven't seen DV get triggered by my LG CX on any recent DV MKV rips:

HTPC . Emby . MadVR . MPC-BE.

Explain it to me like I'm five. What I gotta do?
Won't work on LG. Have to use a Shield with the custom exoplayer found in this forum/
Wait, how is my television the limiting factor ? And then you say I need to use a different media player. Which is it ?
It won't work from an HTPC or the internal LG TV player. You need a dedicated streaming box like the Shield.
gabi.gegea@gmail.com

argo44 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:19 pm
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:10 pm
argo44 wrote:

Haha. I love it. Totally get the response. I'll have to go fishing if no one wants to help haha. I don't torrent though.
Sorry, my knowledge in the field is not enough to empower me to advise you. But there is a lot of info out there and a few tools that will actually do all the job for you.
What format are the files you are playing on shield and not getting DV?
Epedemic

Post by Epedemic »

argo44 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:19 pm
Or you could read the thread. All the info you need is there. If that is too complicated, i suggest you wait until things are on a simple enough level.
ragico

Post by ragico »

argo44 wrote:
argo44 wrote:
ragico wrote:

You must use the emby beta app sideloaded to play not exoplayer.