Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
djj82

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by djj82 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 5:08 am
djj82 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:06 am
Thanks for all your posts and responses, they are very helpful! After fixing my receiver config, I went back and tried using TSMuxer nightly 04/30 02-11-26 and that started making the dvhe 06.06 files again which all failed. Black screen, spinning yellow circle indefinitely in plex. Then went back and used the TSMuxer 04.06 (fix) version and dvhe 04.06 files are working again. I also tried a bunch of Dolby Vision Demo files from demolandia.net (not sure if they are encoded properly or not). A couple worked, some crashed plex, and some played with stutter. I'll run mediainfo on them tomorrow and see how they were built. I went back to ready player one again and tried to watch more despite the stuttering, eventually after about 9min it crashed completely. Again I'm not sure if this has to do with the latest PLEX 8.0 updates or something with my encoding process (or even my shitty shield tube)

Despicable Me 1, 2, 3 (DTS-X) working dvhe04.06
Ready Player One (ATMOS) working but stuttering and eventually crashing, also dvhe04.06

PS I should also add I did some more speed checks to my NAS and I'm fully able to saturate my gigabit ethernet so I've eliminated any NAS/PLEX server issues.
It’s probably the shield tube, unfortuntely, and its smaller memory. Sounds like the issue mentioned here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... -useless-/
Wow, I saw this post before but just recently official nVidia staff just responded basically confirming...

Shield@NVIDIA
9h

We've been working with Plex on this issue. There memory footprint has gotten away on them and there working to track down what's eating up the extra memory to clean it up. They've been improving and have more improvements coming. We're going to keep at it until we get it cleaned up.
ragico

Post by ragico »

@yusesope
How can a file created by your tool be demuxed to the original two hevc files?
I have this necessity but can't find the correct tool. I created a mp4 with official Dolby muxer and then using the Dolby demuxer but it gives just your file.
Did you have a tool for demuxing your files?
Thanks a lot.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Shasarak wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:50 am
Okay, a little progress. I hadn't realised that TsMuxer lists the TrueHD audio and its core AC3 as two separate tracks. Both of them have to be included in the TS, and the core track has to come before the TrueHD track in the sequence.

If my track sequence is 1: 4K video, 2: 1080p video, 3: AC3 audio, 4: TrueHD audio, 5: subtitles then the video file will play on the Oppo... at least, it plays for 1 or 2 minutes, but then it crashes (not always in the same place).

Also, it isn't actually playing the TrueHD audio track, even if I explicitly select it.

I get the same issues with both of the TsMuxer versions you've given me a link to.
tsmuxer never split the core from the truehd audio like mkvtoolnix does but your player should be able to play 1- the trueHD+ atmos or 2- the ac3 core (my x700 only see the truehd). Not sure how the ac3 track come first on the oppo, sounds like your source is MKV?
What is your source ? is it an original ISO/bluray structure or some random MKV torrent? working from mkv files can cause issues.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

cipher wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:17 am
Why is [2019 shield tube] the wrong one, they both offer Dolby Vision support. If you are looking to use it to run a Plex server or need the extra memory then I agree the pro version is the one to get. For myself, I already run my Plex server on dedicated hardware so I just need the DV support in the cheaper "TV" version of the 2019 Shield.
precisely this:
Shasarak

Post by Shasarak »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:32 pm
Shasarak wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:50 am
Okay, a little progress. I hadn't realised that TsMuxer lists the TrueHD audio and its core AC3 as two separate tracks. Both of them have to be included in the TS, and the core track has to come before the TrueHD track in the sequence.

If my track sequence is 1: 4K video, 2: 1080p video, 3: AC3 audio, 4: TrueHD audio, 5: subtitles then the video file will play on the Oppo... at least, it plays for 1 or 2 minutes, but then it crashes (not always in the same place).

Also, it isn't actually playing the TrueHD audio track, even if I explicitly select it.

I get the same issues with both of the TsMuxer versions you've given me a link to.
tsmuxer never split the core from the truehd audio like mkvtoolnix does but your player should be able to play 1- the trueHD+ atmos or 2- the ac3 core (my x700 only see the truehd).
Regardless of which track I select during playback, it doesn't play 7.1 sound. The audio tracks clearly aren't being muxed properly, or at least not in a way the player can understand.
RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:32 pm
Not sure how the ac3 track come first on the oppo, sounds like your source is MKV?
What is your source ? is it an original ISO/bluray structure or some random MKV torrent? working from mkv files can cause issues.
The source is a full folder backup of the disc. If I use BDMV Modifier on it and then play it as if it were a physical disc (complete with menus) then everything plays perfectly - 7.1 audio works correctly and it plays without crashing. So, the source is fine. No MKVs involved.
yusesope

Post by yusesope »

ragico wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:32 pm
@yusesope
I have this necessity but can't find the correct tool...
You can't find it because it doesn't exist :D
If you need it I will write a few lines of code (next weekend)
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Shasarak wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:07 pm
Regardless of which track I select during playback, it doesn't play 7.1 sound. The audio tracks clearly aren't being muxed properly, or at least not in a way the player can understand.
You should report that to the tsmuxer thread. I never had (nor heard) any issue with truehd+core atmos using any version of tsmuxer.
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176668&page=38

Just to be sure....could you please test this Atmos + dual layer DV sample: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZHKRF ... D--zn3iFgK
Shasarak wrote:
The source is a full folder backup of the disc. If I use BDMV Modifier on it and then play it as if it were a physical disc (complete with menus) then everything plays perfectly - 7.1 audio works correctly and it plays without crashing. So, the source is fine. No MKVs involved.
if you can't play the dual-layer TS then you still can remux to a bluray structure(remove audio, menu, extra...) and play that on the oppo.
ragico

Post by ragico »

yusesope wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:17 pm
ragico wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:32 pm
@yusesope
I have this necessity but can't find the correct tool...
You can't find it because it doesn't exist :D
If you need it I will write a few lines of code (next weekend)
Yes, pls, I need it. Thank you for beeing always helpful
Shasarak

Post by Shasarak »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 5:08 pm
Shasarak wrote:
You should report that to the tsmuxer thread. I never had (nor heard) any issue with truehd+core atmos using any version of tsmuxer.
I'll maybe look into that.
RESET_9999 wrote:
Just to be sure....could you please test this Atmos + dual layer DV sample: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZHKRF ... D--zn3iFgK
That plays without any problems - no crashing, and 7.1 sound works fine. So it looks as though TsMuxer simply isn't muxing into the same format as that sample file.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Shasarak wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:22 pm
That plays without any problems - no crashing, and 7.1 sound works fine. So it looks as though TsMuxer simply isn't muxing into the same format as that sample file.
I made the sample with one of the tsmuxer I gave you a link. tsmuxer(2).rar
so either you're doing something wrong or your source file has problems. did you try with another movie?

1- drag the .mpls file corresponding to the main movie into tsmuxer(2).rar (latest version should work as well)
2-check only HEVC 1 & 2 + Atmos track + SUBS
3-remux to TS.
cipher

Post by cipher »

Grencola wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:05 pm
cipher wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:17 am
Why is [2019 shield tube] the wrong one, they both offer Dolby Vision support. If you are looking to use it to run a Plex server or need the extra memory then I agree the pro version is the one to get. For myself, I already run my Plex server on dedicated hardware so I just need the DV support in the cheaper "TV" version of the 2019 Shield.
precisely this:
You missed the recent post...

"We've been working with Plex on this issue. There memory footprint has gotten away on them and there working to track down what's eating up the extra memory to clean it up. They've been improving and have more improvements coming. We're going to keep at it until we get it cleaned up"
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

cipher wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:31 pm
Nope, I read it. it's still a crap shoot :lol:
TickTock

Post by TickTock »

tommo8 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:51 pm
Hey all, long lurker and first time poster.

Can anyone confirm if this actually works on LG's built in video player? I've muxed the files together and can confirm it has DV on the file but my LG B9 just won't play the file in either .tS or .m2ts file format.

I've put the file in my Plex library and the file does play on my wife's Huawei P20 phone using the Plex app.

Thanks.
While I can't answer your question, I can say all files I've created using the MakeMKV method don't work on my Panasonic TX55GZ950B's internal player. If I use yusecope's tool they normally work.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Grencola wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:23 am
cipher wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:31 pm
Nope, I read it. it's still a crap shoot :lol:
I agree,the amount of people that I have read that have returned the tube version, not only Plex that suffers it’s Kodi, MrMC, anything that plays full 4K with HD audio.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Shasarak wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:22 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Shasarak wrote:
I'll maybe look into that.
RESET_9999 wrote:
Hi, as others have said the audio file in TSmuxer should show as one file ac3+thd. If it only shows as thd then you need to do the step with eac3to to recreate the core.... or use uhd creator in Fab and just rename the 0000.m2ts.