BRAVEHEART - 25th Anniversary Steel Box 4K

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
TORRRRR

BRAVEHEART - 25th Anniversary Steel Box 4K

Post by TORRRRR »

Just received the new BRAVEHEART - 25th Anniversary Steel Box 4K from Amazon today. Put it in my ASUS BW-16D1HT (v.3.02) drive, loaded MakeMKV and within minutes the ASUS drive froze up and could not eject, and was no longer recognized by Mac OS. Ended up manually force ejecting it (all the Terminal drutil commands were ineffective) So I got my trust paper clip out. Now the ASUS drive is clicking and sputtering non-stop. Not being one to give up easily, I tried it in my other optical bay on the Mac Pro, a LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 (v1.02). Loaded the movie into MakeMKV and almost instantly it FAILED. And now that drive won't eject, or recognize that it even exsists. This is some new strange stuff going on I have never encountered in my 1,000+ archival rips. Ideas? (I can't currently reboot my Mac Pro because it's in the middle of a 8hr file transfer that I don't want to stop.) Will try that tomorrow morning.
Bluntman

Re: BRAVEHEART - 25th Anniversary Steel Box 4K

Post by Bluntman »

TORRRRR wrote:Just received the new BRAVEHEART - 25th Anniversary Steel Box 4K from Amazon today. Put it in my ASUS BW-16D1HT (v.3.02) drive, loaded MakeMKV and within minutes the ASUS drive froze up and could not eject, and was no longer recognized by Mac OS. Ended up manually force ejecting it (all the Terminal drutil commands were ineffective) So I got my trust paper clip out. Now the ASUS drive is clicking and sputtering non-stop. Not being one to give up easily, I tried it in my other optical bay on the Mac Pro, a LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 (v1.02). Loaded the movie into MakeMKV and almost instantly it FAILED. And now that drive won't eject, or recognize that it even exsists. This is some new strange stuff going on I have never encountered in my 1,000+ archival rips. Ideas? (I can't currently reboot my Mac Pro because it's in the middle of a 8hr file transfer that I don't want to stop.) Will try that tomorrow morning.

What version if Libredrive were you using? V5 or V6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro