Field of Dreams

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
bnormal1

Field of Dreams

Post by bnormal1 »

I'm back....unfortunately. Just purchased the 4k version of Field Of Dreams. It erred at approx. half way through the rip. Tried numerous things...cleaning the disc, cleaning the laser...nothing helped.

However, I was able to do a backup. I was also able to do a full copy of the disc in win 8.1 as well. But opening either in MakeMKV erred at the the same approx spot. About half way through.

I tried a few different things...I tried ripping the backup without choosing any audio. That worked. I tried every language on the disc...It ripped fine choosing Japanese. Just wouldn't rip choosing any of the English offerings.

I then ripped the included bluray which worked. Then took the 4k video and the bluray audio (dts-hd) and put them together using mkvtoolnix. It worked though I had to do a bit of audio shifting using vlc and mkvtoolnix. So I'm out of DTS-X...but that's ok for now...the retailer is exchanging my copy for a new one.

Here is an example of the errors I was getting trying to rip the 4k and choosing English...

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00294.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 23421972480, attempting to work around (happened many times)

Internal error - M2TS hash check failed (3127)
005004:0080 0 titles saved

I did read in the faq's that the hash check failure can indicate a drive failing.

Just curious as to why the rip gets half way before failing and why choosing no language is successful. Does that mean that at the halfway point of the rip the audio is now being accessed?

The log is attached in case anyone is interested.
thanks
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(2.91 MiB) Downloaded 266 times