1.15.2 and Patched 3.10 Asus Firmware, 200+ rips but suddenly drive no longer reads discs

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Cannikin

1.15.2 and Patched 3.10 Asus Firmware, 200+ rips but suddenly drive no longer reads discs

Post by Cannikin »

As stated in the subject, I'm using MakeMKV 1.15.2 and an Asus BW-16D1HT with patched 3.10 firmware. LibreDrive mode working great:

Code: Select all

Drive Information
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.10
Serial number: KL4K5985757
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 10:14
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 72

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
I've ripped 200+ UHD and Blurays over the past couple of weeks, no problem.

This afternoon I inserted the Midway UHD drive. After scanning it showed dozens and dozens of playlists. I came on the forums here to find the right one and 504 seemed to be the consensus. I picked that and started the MKV process, but the drive just keep stuttering and repeating the same series of sounds. MakeMKV was getting no where and I saw the dreaded "Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive". I thought this wasn't an issue now that LibreDrive is enabled?

I restarted MakeMKV but now it couldn't even scan the disc. I ejected, put in Ready Player One to start a rip and it's the same thing—the scan tries to run for a minute or so and then the drive opens and ejects my disc. I've tried another UHD and a plain Bluray but it's the same thing.

Again, I didn't think AACS key revocation was a problem now with LibreDrive. Is it really AACS? I would have thought other people would have seen the same issue but I haven't seen any mention of Midway or Ready Player One triggering AACS issues.
Cannikin

Re: 1.15.2 and Patched 3.10 Asus Firmware, 200+ rips but suddenly drive no longer reads discs

Post by Cannikin »

Update: I re-flashed the firmware and was able to open scan/rip discs again! Avoiding Midway and Ready Player One for now, but will come back around to them once I'm done with everything else. Will report an update!
Cannikin

Re: 1.15.2 and Patched 3.10 Asus Firmware, 200+ rips but suddenly drive no longer reads discs

Post by Cannikin »

Update I was able to make an MKV from Ready Player One as usual after my firmware re-flash. I decided not to take a chance with making an MKV directly from Midway, so I made a regular (encrypted) backup first, then made an MKV from the backup. This worked!