Hocus Pocus 4K UHD won't rip

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RJDoran

Hocus Pocus 4K UHD won't rip

Post by RJDoran »

Make MKV said "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted". The protection key is AACS2.0/C v76.
Woodstock

Re: Hocus Pocus 4K UHD won't rip

Post by Woodstock »

Have you submitted the .tgz file generated to svq@makemkv.com so that something can be done about it?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
RJDoran

Post by RJDoran »

No. I'll do that as soon as I get home today. Thank you for the heads up.
Pyotr

Post by Pyotr »

Hate to necro, but I just tried this disc and it still doesn't work. Since OP never for sure sent in the .tgz, I went ahead and did it today. Hopefully it helps. If not, no biggie. I just wanted any one else searching to see that a .tgz was sent for sure.
All of us return to dust.
Pyotr

Post by Pyotr »

Update: MKB20_v76_Hocus_Pocus_0EDF.tgz was the file I sent.

Less than 12 hours later and the disc is working for me. Thank you.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Pyotr wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:56 am
Hate to necro, but I just tried this disc and it still doesn't work. Since OP never for sure sent in the .tgz, I went ahead and did it today. Hopefully it helps. If not, no biggie. I just wanted any one else searching to see that a .tgz was sent for sure.
What was the name of the file you sent in? Posting that helps people. The name of the file includes a 'hash'. The same title might have more than one 'hash', so If you let people know which one you've submitted, they can know if they have a different one they should submit.
Pyotr

Post by Pyotr »

dcoke22 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:44 pm
What was the name of the file you sent in? Posting that helps people. The name of the file includes a 'hash'. The same title might have more than one 'hash', so If you let people know which one you've submitted, they can know if they have a different one they should submit.
Sorry, my forum account is still new and posts have to be approved by a mod before being displayed. I think you'll find the info in the last post I made (pending approval at the time of this post). If you need more info let me know! 8)