Game of Thrones UHD Complete Series 1-8 - No Decrypt Key yet

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
andyr

Re: Game of Thrones UHD Complete Series 1-8 - No Decrypt Key yet

Post by andyr »

Finally got all the discs to read, encrypted backup and then processed now all the keys are present.
My Buffalo BRXL-PT6U2V with firmware 1.03 read almost all of the disks. Some of them I had to eject, clean them carefully, and then try again. Some of them still kept failing to be detected so I tried them in a new reader, the Archgon MD-8107S-U3 (BU40N(K)) and updated firmware to 1.03.
This read all the disks without any problems at all.

All episodes and all extras takes 2.59TB of disk space.
Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:19 pm
I've spot checked the disc I'm currently HIGHLY struggling with in my UB820 and it reads fine. (Damn they look good in DV). But the UB820 has only ever failed to read one disc of mine that is physically scratched badly (damn Harry Potter collection....see why I'm so pissed off about all this now?). I'm just trying to get these damn things ripped and then I can stop worrying about it but I'm not even through season 4 yet and my usb enclosed NS60 no longer reads any UHD discs. I got it to read a blu-ray so I know the drive isn't dead. I also pulled it apart and cleaned the lenses but it made zero difference. This doesn't seem to be a LibreDrive problem, though, because without MakeMKV open I can't get Windows to recognize a disc in the drive. At least a UHD.
As i mentioned in an earlier post, even though it sounds like we have different drives, I'm having a similar issue where windows is no longer detecting any disks I put in (I tried an audio cd which read but would not open). It seems ripping all those game of thrones disks may have killed my drive, but I'm skeptical now since it seems to have affected many people's drives. I had my drive stop reading once before and it magically came back to life, so I am not sure if i need to wait and see, or if i have to shell out for a new drive :(
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea, I'm seeing some weirdness, as well. I had both my drives on my HTPC stop reading any discs. I pulled them and cleaned the lenses and put them back. Now my original NS60 drive (which as historically been my most reliable drive) is the only one still working to read these foolish discs. I was able to get the drive connected to my laptop that WAS reading all these discs fine to see another UHD briefly, but it won't see ANY of the GoT discs now. Something screwy is definitely going on here. I just don't know what. I don't believe the drive is dead. Nor should you try flashing different firmware. Something else is going very wrong.
VarHD

Post by VarHD »

FWIW, my ASUS drive is a zombie too. It stops reading all UHD discs sometimes, but I can always bring it back to life either by re-flashing the firmware (even if I flash the same version it's already on) or by putting a non-UHD disc into it, taking it out and then inserting the UHD disc, or by completely shutting down and restarting my PC.

Sometimes only a combination of all 3 options helps, but so far I've managed to re-animate my drive like this probably 50+ times. I think it may soon die for good, though, because the latest symptom is that it can get completely stuck to the point where the LED doesn't flash at all, the eject button doesn't work and when I open MakeMKV, it already starts in "Scanning drives" mode and I can't end the operation. At that point Windows doesn't even recognize that the drive is connected and only a full shutdown helps.

Anyway, I'm waiting for my GoT steelbooks to arrive, but reading this thread already tells me it's gonna be a rough ride :?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Exact same situation for me on my drives, including the drive staying stuck open. This is some high level crazy stuff.
andcbii

Post by andcbii »

For problem discs, backing them up, and then riping from the back up is working for me. Not sure who suggested this first, but it's working! Oddly enough one disc S4D3 will not decrypt.

***EIDT***
This worked for 6 of the 7 discs I was having trouble with... Still one disc i can not backup.
Last edited by andcbii on Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCrazyCanuck

Post by TheCrazyCanuck »

andcbii wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:33 am
For problem discs, backing them up, and then riping from the back up is working for me. Not sure who suggested this first, but it's working! Oddly enough one disc S4D3 will not decrypt.
What did you use to create the backup? I wonder if you can back up a disc 1:1 to an .iso file then run makemkv on the .iso somehow that way you don't have to waste a bunch of blank media.
andcbii

Post by andcbii »

TheCrazyCanuck wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:52 am
andcbii wrote:
What did you use to create the backup? I wonder if you can back up a disc 1:1 to an .iso file then run makemkv on the .iso somehow that way you don't have to waste a bunch of blank media.
I used the backup function in makeMKV
rdgrimes

Post by rdgrimes »

I had about 6 discs cause serious issues with ripping, but after a few days of fiddling around all but one disc was fully ripped. The bonus content BD discs look like they've been through a war and are in no way rip-able. I have to think that replacing the set will just trade one set of bad discs for another, but at least maybe the result will be a full set of good rips.

2.4 TB by the way, for full disc rips on the full set.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I'm working through season 6. D1 won't rip in any of my drives so far. Will try the bu40n archgon when it comes tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mva5580

Post by mva5580 »

Season 7 Disc 1......man. I just cannot get that thing to go through. Only one I've got left.
Giffdev

Post by Giffdev »

just out of curiosity, as i'm not trying to go against any rules or get myself banned or anything, but saying we all own the same disks but have a couple episodes from certain disks that won't backup for whatever reason. is it kosher to work out some trades among people that may have gotten a certain one backed up that someone else couldn't? Again, if that's a strict no-no here, not trying to engage in anything against the rules. It just sounds like many of us have certain individual episodes that just won't back up off our 72 got episodes
andcbii

Post by andcbii »

Giffdev wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:06 am
just out of curiosity, as i'm not trying to go against any rules or get myself banned or anything, but saying we all own the same disks but have a couple episodes from certain disks that won't backup for whatever reason. is it kosher to work out some trades among people that may have gotten a certain one backed up that someone else couldn't? Again, if that's a strict no-no here, not trying to engage in anything against the rules. It just sounds like many of us have certain individual episodes that just won't back up off our 72 got episodes
I had the same thought...
AngryVirginian

Post by AngryVirginian »

andcbii wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:56 pm
Giffdev wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:06 am
I had the same thought...
Me 2.
andcbii

Post by andcbii »

TheCrazyCanuck wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:52 am
andcbii wrote:
FYI i edited my post... this only worked for 6 of 7 discs. I'm still having issues with my last disc.