3 files on disc are the same length

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
charlie62

3 files on disc are the same length

Post by charlie62 »

As above they are obviously the main movies but which is main movie in English it's uk 4K thanks
Setzer

Re: 3 files on disc are the same length

Post by Setzer »

That depends on the disc/movie, which you didn't specifiy :?: :?:
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

The movie is the 4K uk release of Total Recall Thanks
Last edited by charlie62 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Uk 4K total Recall
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I don't have that particular movie, but often when there's a few 'copies' of the movie on a disc, that means that some stuff has been localized for particular languages. For instance, in Star Wars, the opening text is in a different language.

In the case of Disney movies, for example, it is almost always playlist 800 that is the English one.

You could rip all three movies, see which one is which, and delete the unwanted versions.

You could make a decrypted backup of the movie and then look at the differences. Select the title on the left, and on the right, look for something called "Segment Map". There will be a list of numbers that are the segments of the movie. As you switch between the different titles, you should be figure out which segments in the list are different between the titles. These segment numbers correspond to file names that can be found in the decrypted backup. Go to that backup, look into the BDMV folder, then STREAM. You'll see a bunch of files with .m2ts extensions. These video files can be played with VLC (https://www.videolan.org/vlc/) or MPV (https://mpv.io). Find and play one of the segments that changes between the different files. You should be able to figure out which title you're looking for. Then, you can make a proper MKV from the backup you created.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

charlie62 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:48 pm
Uk 4K total Recall
You could also try using GetMPLS. Search the forum for it. It just might tell you which playlist is the correct one for you.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Thanks for the kind tips,etc but getmpls seems away beyond my comprehensions maybe later when I am feeling better I will have another go with it but not at the moment.Just now I have Dvdfab doing it's thing and seems to be ok.
The 3 files in question are all the same length (time) and after checking through the streams they look the same,these were done with MakeMkv bought version and I have a feeling there all the same,anyhoo enough for tonight back to bed some more painkillers and try and get a good sleep Thanks
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

I have never seen this on a disc 3 movie files the exact same length and no way to tell which is the right one or they may all be right. I can't even download getmpls although I wouldn't know what to do with if I could lol. What I am asking is for someone just to tell what is the correct file Thanks
preserve

Post by preserve »

charlie62 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:37 pm
What I am asking is for someone just to tell what is the correct file
You will either need to provide the full details of each one (expand each title so that all the audio and subtitle tracks show, select it so that the details appear in the right side of the window, and take a screenshot of the full MakeMKV window), or you'll need to wait for someone who has the same disc.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
charlie62

Post by charlie62 »

Packing this game in wrote a longer piece but as usual it disappeared into the great unknown.