TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
asulu

TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT

Post by asulu »

Hello,

since yesterday I am the proud owner of an Asus BW-16D1H. So far I couldn't find any faults on some discs, but today I have several problems.

My Drive:

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

Disk-Informationen
Label: READY_PLAYER_ONE
Zeitstempel: 2018-06-20 22:31:59
Datenkapazität: 83.23 Gb
Disk-Typ: BD-ROM UHD
Anzahl der Layer: 3
Markierungen der Bus-Verschlüsselung: 80

I tried to rip ready player one and see the following error:

Code: Select all

Fehler 'SCSI-Fehler - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' trat auf während des Auslesens von '/BDMV/STREAM/00014.m2ts' bei Offset '31696281600'
Fehler 'Betriebssystemfehler - Das E/A-Gerät hat einen E/A-Fehler gemeldet' trat auf während des Auslesens von '\Device\CdRom0' bei Offset '31696281600'
Any tips?

thx,

greetings
Trickyd-1

Re: TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT

Post by Trickyd-1 »

I get this too a lot recently.

You could try the steps below.
1. Eject and reinsert disc. Be quick to open the disc again with makemkv after it's inserted and quick to make your selections.
no, then
2. Eject disc, completely power down the computer, boot up, open makemkv, insert disc and quickly open it and make your selections.
no, then
3. Clean the disc.
no, then
4. Cross-flash firmware to HL-DT-ST BH16NS60 1.02 MK with the modified Asus tool.
no, then
4. Cross-flash firmware to HL-DT-ST BH16NS55 1.02 with the modified Asus tool.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

That error and lots of others like it indicate that the drive was having trouble reading the disc. Eventually the OS gets tired of waiting on the drive and assumes something bad happened and displays an error.

Most likely, this is because the disc is dirty (even if the surface looks clean). Clean the disc and try again. You might have to repeat this a couple times.

It could also be that the disc has physical damage. https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23810

It could also mean the drive is defective or beginning to fail; though, this is unlikely, since your drive is new.

I'm less of a fan of flashing the firmware for a single troublesome disc, but it is an option. Your drive is a model on the recommended list and it is running a recommended firmware.
asulu

Post by asulu »

Thanks to you all for your help!
I have made some progress.

I ripped Ready Player One succesful after a few restarts.
2. Eject disc, completely power down the computer, boot up, open makemkv, insert disc and quickly open it and make your selections.
no, then
I now have 7/8, trying my luck with UDH Finding Privat Ryan...