MakeMKV 1.15.4

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
truthfulie

Re: MakeMKV 1.15.4

Post by truthfulie »

JavierAlbadalejo wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:31 pm
So, you guys saying that DV on MKV on Plex/Shield is faulty.. will it ever be fixed in a possible update no matter how long it takes, or are we doomed?
I hope it gets fixed but...I don't know if it will. I mean DV color issue was present for a long time and we have yet to have that fixed so I ain't holding my breath..
JavierAlbadalejo

Post by JavierAlbadalejo »

Well, that sucks.. but I am very much enjoying my Shield Pro and CX TV otherwise, so.. long as it's not noticeably bad looking or I'm missing out on a lot.. I can deal with it.

MKV on DV is still pretty new and while working, still being figured out, so here's hoping. What is known is some problems Nvidia has with DV that are not fixed yet.
EvilWays1

Post by EvilWays1 »

JavierAlbadalejo wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:40 pm
Well, that sucks.. but I am very much enjoying my Shield Pro and CX TV otherwise, so.. long as it's not noticeably bad looking or I'm missing out on a lot.. I can deal with it.

MKV on DV is still pretty new and while working, still being figured out, so here's hoping. What is known is some problems Nvidia has with DV that are not fixed yet.
I've got a Shield Pro and C9 and haven't noticed any color issues yet, but have mostly be just making sure DV mode triggers on the TV. I've got Atomic Blonde (which is FEL) to watch and see if there is anything noticeable color issue wise. I still need to vet the UHD rip and transcode method I'm using won't cause any problems.
alestew

Post by alestew »

jayf95 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:00 pm
agneva wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:49 pm
Yes, you caught the problem.

mkv with DV dual layer -> no player available, even not the Nvidia Shield (just DV single layer).

mp4 with DV dual layer -> I can confirm that my "UBK90" is playing it correctly from USB, but mp4 -> no HD Audio for enthusiasts.
mp4 with DV single layer -> my TV LG OLED CX9 can play it.

m2ts or ts with DV dual layer -> my players just choose the HDR10 stream, don´t know if there a players who can read DV from (m2)ts.

for me I choose mp4 with DV single or dual layer with AC3 5.1 640kbps. I would never hear a difference... even between mp3 320 <-> 128.

P.S.
i read that intel will be play Dolby Vision:
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/p ... -guide.pdf
11th Gen intel® coRe™ With iRis® Xe GRaphics :roll:
Thanks for the comment, its super helpful. Does makemkv rip dual layer disks to single layer DV MKVs, or does it remain a dual layer DV MKV?

And what tool should I use to remux a BDMV folder to MP4 with DV?

So interestingly, I've found that PLEX (server on PC, app on sony x900h) will playback my dual layer DV MKVs (or at least MKVs generated from dual layer DV UHD Blu Rays via makemkv 1.15.3) with dolby vision! It triggers the DV picture mode on my TV. However, this is in no way a solution unfortunately, as the bitrate is too high for my TV's network connections (no gigabit ethernet port and wifi is meh) so it buffers a lot. This same file will play with HDR10 when I playback via usb on the tv unfortunately. I wish there was a player that could playback the mkv with DV directly on my TV

Anyways thanks for the help
Hi there!! did you manage to play mkv DV from the USB of the X900H tv? I have the same model and there is no way to play DV from usb.
With Plex on the tv and plex server on the computer if you play DV and use the exoplayer player ... but it would be interesting to do it from usb.
Any android tv player that functions without the need for a server?
Excuse my English, it's basic
carrpet

Post by carrpet »

I have an Oppo 203 which does play my full Gladiator rip with Dolby Vision - streaming from my NAS via SMB. I haven't tried NFS.

I am not having success getting a Gladiator MKV (created from my full rip with MakeMKV 1.15.4) to play with Dolby Vision on my Shield Pro.

MKV tells me

Video HEVC Main 10@L5.1 (dvhe 07.06 BL+FEL+RPU)

I have got Plex Server 1.21.2.3939 on my NAS and the most recent (non Beta version ) Plex client on my Shield Pro.

I have an LG OLED65B6V TV which is happy to play DV via the Oppo but I haven't got the magic words yet from the Shield / Plex combo.

What settings should I be using or changes should I make in the ripping / streaming pipeline to get DV to work from an MKV file ?

Thanks
Kolci

Post by Kolci »

Hi, where do I download the latest exoplayer? Please link. Thanks
carrpet

Post by carrpet »

Kolci wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:23 am
https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer/releases
alestew

Post by alestew »

carrpet wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:22 am
Kolci wrote:
can it be installed on Android TV directly or does it have to be used by Kodi?
carrpet

Post by carrpet »

carrpet wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:22 pm
I have an Oppo 203 which does play my full Gladiator rip with Dolby Vision - streaming from my NAS via SMB. I haven't tried NFS.

I am not having success getting a Gladiator MKV (created from my full rip with MakeMKV 1.15.4) to play with Dolby Vision on my Shield Pro.

MKV tells me

Video HEVC Main 10@L5.1 (dvhe 07.06 BL+FEL+RPU)

I have got Plex Server 1.21.2.3939 on my NAS and the most recent (non Beta version ) Plex client on my Shield Pro.

I have an LG OLED65B6V TV which is happy to play DV via the Oppo but I haven't got the magic words yet from the Shield / Plex combo.

What settings should I be using or changes should I make in the ripping / streaming pipeline to get DV to work from an MKV file ?

Thanks
Success after a lot of experimentation. Solved the issue by changing the Nvidia settings for Video. I had to select 4k 30kHz Dolby Vision Ready. 30kHz must be the highest my B6 TV can handle !
Kolci

Post by Kolci »

alestew wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:34 am
carrpet wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:22 am
Kolci wrote:
can it be installed on Android TV directly or does it have to be used by Kodi?
I don't see there apk file to download. It's just there Source code zip. Where to download ExoPlayer apk?
robert.gregory

Post by robert.gregory »

It'd be really cool if MakeMKV could convert DV FEL to DV MEL as the rip was happening...
zomorf

Post by zomorf »

Is it a vote of confidence that atleast 1 respected release group is using makemkv for the video portion of their releases? Would that indicate makemkv 1.15.4 is considered very stable on the video side now?

Just curious though they still use eac3to for the audio etc. So does this indicate makemkv may still have issues with the audio side of things?

Or is it the multi stream movies that combine multiple m2ts files that create the audio issues?

Especially DTSX and TrueHD-Atmos audio where duplicate frame drop occur?

How are others doing things still?

Why so quiet in here at present?
lata
zomorf