American Made UK multiple drive/disc errors

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
railgun

American Made UK multiple drive/disc errors

Post by railgun »

I've seen one or two old threads about the above, as well as the usual causes behind read/hash errors, but this may be a little different.

I'm assuming most of the source material here is from the US. In this case, it's a UK disc. Two discs, across three different drives and the same results no matter how I try to get the main file across.

Backups will not work. Straight rips will not work. Simple file copies will not work. Somewhere around half way through it dies. Some drives work their damnedest to keep going, dropping to about 150-200kbps for literally hours before finally giving up. So I'm left with the notion that the disks, as manufactured, have some issue. The first disk I had, when playing normally died out at about the 40m mark. Quick bit of pixilation and then nada/end of. The backups usually end with thousands of hash errors (last one I think was 6000+).

I will process it again and provide the relevant logs if needed, but given the scope of the issue, I would imagine this to be the case. I suppose my question is whether someone on this side of the pond has had a similar result, or with a UK disc has successfully processed it.

Happy to provide whatever I can to determine if this is the cause, or how to conclusively determine that at the very least.

For the record, I have a FW 1.0 UH12NS40, a patched FW 3.10 BW-16D1HT and a patched FW 3.11 BC-12D2HT
Digital moe

Re: American Made UK multiple drive/disc errors

Post by Digital moe »

I have a UK disc and ripped it without a problem, sounds like you need to spray some cleaning alcohol on it and wipe the disc using a micro fibre cloth.
railgun

Re: American Made UK multiple drive/disc errors

Post by railgun »

To that end, I clean every disc before hand.