Mulan(2020) won't rip

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
recordplay

Mulan(2020) won't rip

Post by recordplay »

Just bought Mulan (2020) today at bestbuy and the disc will not open or back at all. Has this disc not been ripped yet? I know it been out for a minute so I was surprised it did not open

Edit: Update it says Volume Key unknown which I find odd seeing how I know other people have ripped this disc
preserve

Re: Mulan(2020) won't rip

Post by preserve »

From the stickied FAQ:

MakeMKV says that "the volume key is unknown for this disc"?
MakeMKV produces an AACS .tgz dump file whenever you try to open a disc for which the key is unknown, and will report that the dump has been created. Email the dump file to svq@makemkv.com.

I see a movie discussed in the forum, but MakeMKV won't open my disc.
There are multiple versions of UHDs for each movie (countries, retailers, rentals) and there may be multiple keys for even the same version, so it's possible that your particular disc isn't decrypted yet. Submit the dump file!

And lastly... do you have internet access enabled in your preferences, and did you see any error message re: HK downloading?

Some users have reported issues getting the latest keys at the moment, which sounds likely to be related to MakeMKV's servers, in which case we'll just have to wait for the problem to be resolved by MakeMKV: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17848&start=150
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00