John Wick 4

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
GnomeFondler

Re: John Wick 4

Post by GnomeFondler »

3-disc Amazon SE with lenticular still isn't working for me on the UHD disc (haven't tried the regular BDs, I'm making an encrypted backup of the UHD first), but I didn't get it until today so for all I know they made multiple batches with different volume keys to be incredibly annoying... and being Amazon, to push people to buying from their streaming service instead of physical discs. I went ahead and submitted it just in case.

Edit: The UHD encrypted backup completed fully with no speed drops without issue. Amusingly the first time I inserted the regular BD to pull the bonus features mainly it didn't show up as a disk at all after almost no time spent trying to read, tried again, same thing. Never had a regular bluray mess up like the UHDs do from nearly invisible dust specs but I wiped it off anyway and replaced it and it loaded up just fine and is decrypting... Might try loading the encrypted backup to see if something weird was going on with the read attempts for the decryption info and the key actually exists in the DB when this finishes but that seems pretty unlikely.
philb1701

Post by philb1701 »

My Amazon 4K disc does not rip. The blu-ray discs work fine.

Resubmitted my filing MKB20_v77_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_4_51AE.tgz
Last edited by philb1701 on Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geneo

Post by Geneo »

My JW 4K will not rip
babypuncher

Post by babypuncher »

I have the Amazon Exclusive Limited Edition. The 4K disc does not rip. I've submitted a dump (MKB20 v77 John Wick- Chapter 4 51AE).
wintwiz

Post by wintwiz »

Didn't know there were special editions or anything so bought the 2-disc from Amazon (UHD/Blu Ray), my UHDis also the same dump as 'babypuncher' (lmao), MKB20 v77 John Wick- Chapter 4 51AE
cabwiz

Post by cabwiz »

I'm probably asking a silly question, apologies in advance, does one dump of the amazon 4k disc mean, if they are able to correct the issue, all of us with this issue with the amazon disc will be able to rip? or does each individual need to submit the dump file?
ripvanwinkle

Post by ripvanwinkle »

I submitted mine also: MKB20 v77 John Wick- Chapter 4 0426

On another note, I am unable to successfully update my HK data - even over VPN.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

cabwiz wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:20 am
I'm probably asking a silly question, apologies in advance, does one dump of the amazon 4k disc mean, if they are able to correct the issue, all of us with this issue with the amazon disc will be able to rip? or does each individual need to submit the dump file?
There are many different keys for a movie. A dump submitted by someone else may be different to your dump, therefore it is recommended that you submit your dump.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
roliks

Post by roliks »

Like others.. Amazon 4k JW Ch4 not working. Submitted dump.

Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Downloading latest HK to C:\Users\User/.MakeMKV ...
Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\User/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_John_Wick-_Chapter_4_0426.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

roliks wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:22 pm
Like others.. Amazon 4k JW Ch4 not working. Submitted dump.

Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Downloading latest HK to C:\Users\User/.MakeMKV ...
Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\User/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_John_Wick-_Chapter_4_0426.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
viewtopic.php?p=137106#p137106
NotForYourStereo

Post by NotForYourStereo »

Can't rip the 4K from Walmart Collector's Set, submitted dump.
SpazPlayzz

Post by SpazPlayzz »

I'm picking up the Blu-ray version of JW4 from Best Buy later today. Does anyone know if it has multiple files to choose like the others and if so do you know the correct one? Thanks.
makememe

Post by makememe »

my guess, most in here are not disabling internet access.

The secondary link provided, from your link, by Woodstock has me at the bottom waiting. tried two vpns, one vpn using obfuscated servers, and places all over the globe, nothing. therefore, I assume this is not geo-blocking, so what does that leave? no clue as some apparently downloaded the latest HK, recently.
roliks

Post by roliks »

makememe wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:34 pm
my guess, most in here are not disabling internet access.

The secondary link provided, from your link, by Woodstock has me at the bottom waiting. tried two vpns, one vpn using obfuscated servers, and places all over the globe, nothing. therefore, I assume this is not geo-blocking, so what does that leave? no clue as some apparently downloaded the latest HK, recently.
You are correct. I too have tried vpns and I am not geo blocking. Looks like the problem may be with a possible SSL cert. I guess I am in the boat of I have to wait and try later.
luv2fly3

Post by luv2fly3 »

Right there with you guys. I have a US Amazon JW4 Disc and have submitted the dump. As of 5:22pm EST here on the 15th, I am still getting the error of...

"The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc"

All access to internet is fine. Just no volume key yet. Hopefully soon!!