Accessing isolated music scores

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
philb1701

Accessing isolated music scores

Post by philb1701 »

Has anyone had any success getting JUST the isolated music scores from any movie, 4K or blu-ray?
dcoke22

Re: Accessing isolated music scores

Post by dcoke22 »

My copy of Alien (1979) has a couple of isolated music scores as audio tracks. I think I've run across a few more discs with isolated scores, but it is relatively uncommon it seems.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

My media library numbers in the thousands of titles and I'd guess maybe only a dozen or so of those discs would have audio tracks with isolated music scores... So yes, it isn't all that common.

If you're asking if there's some way to convert a 'normal' audio track to remove the dialogue then no. (Well, nothing's impossible of course, but it can't be done with any commonly available tools that I know of.)

Did you have a specific title in mind?
magsol76

Post by magsol76 »

Add did it today with Rudy (1993). The dvd special edition has an isolated score which was just a separate audiotrack. I used mkvtoolnix to extract the isolated track. The only hassle was figuring out which track was the correct one. I just did them all one at a time.
I remember that universal dvd’s like Apollo 13 and The Thing also has isolated scores.
magsol76

Post by magsol76 »

Just extract the isolated track using mkvtoolnix.