Game of Thrones UHD Disk Issues

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
crowdx42

Game of Thrones UHD Disk Issues

Post by crowdx42 »

Hi all,
so I just received my Game of Thrones UHD Box set and I am having issues ripping them. I see on the forum that others have also had issues with these disks. I am using LG WH16S60 drives flashed to the 1.02MK firmware. Is there any drive/firmware combination that works for these disks? I have been able to rip some of the disks, but season 1 disk 1 only succeeded to rip the 3rd episode, with the rest of the disk giving SCSI errors.
Any advice on this?
Thanks in advance.
Patrick
MartyMcNuts

Re: Game of Thrones UHD Disk Issues

Post by MartyMcNuts »

crowdx42 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:51 pm
Hi all,
so I just received my Game of Thrones UHD Box set and I am having issues ripping them. I see on the forum that others have also had issues with these disks. I am using LG WH16S60 drives flashed to the 1.02MK firmware. Is there any drive/firmware combination that works for these disks? I have been able to rip some of the disks, but season 1 disk 1 only succeeded to rip the 3rd episode, with the rest of the disk giving SCSI errors.
Any advice on this?
Thanks in advance.
Patrick
Those discs are notoriously bad. Many people have had to rip what discs they could then return the set for a replacement and hopefully rip the remaining discs.

Did you try cleaning them?

If you want to try another drive, definitely go a Pioneer. For libredrive and UHD support you should get one from a seller on this forum.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
crowdx42

Post by crowdx42 »

I have been working through the disks and getting most of the episodes. Disk One of season 1 seems to have been the worst so far, with only a single episode ripped from that disk. I am considering the pioneer drive, but they are quite expensive and I already have 3 LGs which work great for other disks so far.
I may have to do a return and get replacement disks, I am also considering downloading any of the missing episodes once I am done ripping as a Remux full disk.
Quite the headache, considering how much the set of disks cost :(
ToddUGA

Post by ToddUGA »

Had the same issue with both an Asus drive and an LG. Decided to buy a flashed Pioneer drive and it ripped them all with no issues.
crowdx42

Post by crowdx42 »

As an update, I also got a Pioneer drive and it ripped the 3 disks that I had issues with, without any problems.
ToddUGA

Post by ToddUGA »

crowdx42 wrote:As an update, I also got a Pioneer drive and it ripped the 3 disks that I had issues with, without any problems.
Good deal. Starting to think the Pioneer drives are the way to go when you have some trouble discs.
crowdx42

Post by crowdx42 »

Yes, I think so. I ordered a 2nd one so that I have 2 for other multi disk rips. Price was not much more than the LG drives I already had.
initechpeter

Post by initechpeter »

Which Pioneer drive did you buy?

BDR-S12UHT or the BDR-S13J-X
crowdx42

Post by crowdx42 »

Pioneer BDR-212V
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

crowdx42 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:47 pm
Pioneer BDR-212V
You need to say that this drive doesn't work out of the box or you are misleading people.
crowdx42

Post by crowdx42 »

Sorry, this is true. It did need a firmaware update which Coopervid provided. Very easy and painless upgrade. I actually bought 2 of these drives and updated both.