Post by satanikmekanik »

Conan The Barbarian 4K dump submited.
EnochLight

Re: Conan The Barbarian 4K

Post by EnochLight »

satanikmekanik wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:25 am
Conan The Barbarian 4K dump submited.
Was it ever fixed? Just bought the collection and I'm in the process of attempting my first rip with Disc 1.
mwebb

Post by mwebb »

I have the US Conan Chronicles set which I beleive is the same disc and this was working fine as of 20th February. Both films in fact.
EnochLight

Post by EnochLight »

Yeah I can confirm that everything ripped just fine (Arrow Video's The Conan Chronicles: Conan the Barbarian & Conan the Destroyer 4K Ultra HD set). Man, that additional content is hit or miss though quality-wise. A lot of blurred out watermarks that Arrow Video included, and many go right across the faces of the people in the interviews LOL! :lol:

I watched the first film last night (used Plex Media Server but watched on an Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) via Infuse Player, which is a far better quality player than Plex IMHO. I compared via the actual UHD Blu-Ray on my PS5. Video quality was indistinguishable to my eyes. And these films have NEVER looked so good and sounded so good before - I've waited 30+ years for this ever since I got the crappy DVD back in the 90's!
satanikmekanik

Post by satanikmekanik »

Yes, its working!
Antimer

Post by Antimer »

I can't get it to work for me and I'm not good with this stuff.
It says:
MakeMKV v1.17.6 darwin(arm64-release) started
Optical drive "BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 1.02 SIK9JH3SB265d" opened in OS access mode.
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=62194E19F4EC)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Downloading latest HK to /Users/antimer/Library/MakeMKV ...
Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.
Saved AACS dump file as /Users/antimer/Library/MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_CONAN_THE_BARBARIAN_-_4K_UHD_FAE8.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

I'm not sure what to do
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Antimer wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:09 am
Downloading latest HK to /Users/antimer/Library/MakeMKV ...
Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.
That indicates that your MakeMKV is having trouble downloading the latest hashed keys for decrypting. Try using a VPN.
Antimer

Post by Antimer »

That indicates that your MakeMKV is having trouble downloading the latest hashed keys for decrypting. Try using a VPN.
The VPN worked. Thanks for the help
ikomrad

Post by ikomrad »

EnochLight wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:18 pm
Yeah I can confirm that everything ripped just fine (Arrow Video's The Conan Chronicles: Conan the Barbarian & Conan the Destroyer 4K Ultra HD set). Man, that additional content is hit or miss though quality-wise. A lot of blurred out watermarks that Arrow Video included, and many go right across the faces of the people in the interviews LOL! :lol:

I watched the first film last night (used Plex Media Server but watched on an Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) via Infuse Player, which is a far better quality player than Plex IMHO. I compared via the actual UHD Blu-Ray on my PS5. Video quality was indistinguishable to my eyes. And these films have NEVER looked so good and sounded so good before - I've waited 30+ years for this ever since I got the crappy DVD back in the 90's!
Do you remember which title you chose for each disc? For Disc 1 of Conan the Barbarian , there were 3 titles around 80 GB in size. I chose the largest one which was 84 GB, and I''ll know in an hour or so if I chose correctly.
EnochLight

Post by EnochLight »

ikomrad wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:49 am
Do you remember which title you chose for each disc? For Disc 1 of Conan the Barbarian , there were 3 titles around 80 GB in size. I chose the largest one which was 84 GB, and I''ll know in an hour or so if I chose correctly.
I actually ripped them all (I'm a digital hoarder). Can't remember the difference between them, though.
ikomrad

Post by ikomrad »

EnochLight wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:44 am
ikomrad wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:49 am
I actually ripped them all (I'm a digital hoarder). Can't remember the difference between them, though.
I learned that it helps to read the back of the case. Conan the Barbarian Disc 1 has 3 versions of the movie
1) Theatrical at 127 minutes
2) International at 129 minutes
3) Extended Cut at 130 minutes

I'm ripping the other 2 titles while I write this.

Then it's off to the Conan the Destroyer and finally the special features discs.
EnochLight

Post by EnochLight »

ikomrad wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 am
I learned that it helps to read the back of the case.
LOL! Yeah, it does. When I originally replied to you, I was nowhere near my studio nor the case. Glad you figured things out, though.