Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
gutless3690

Zombieland 4K UHD Dump Submitted

Post by gutless3690 »

Filename: MKB21_v70_Zombieland_1C8C.tgz
Nucleus

Re: Zombieland 4K UHD Dump Submitted

Post by Nucleus »

9 page thread about it here, should have posted your file there.
Windows:
Identifying The Correct Title To Rip: Process Monitor Method - GetMPLS Method
Mux/Remux: Set A Subtitle Stream On By Default (Forced)
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

The most important detail of which is...
mike admin wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 pm
There is just one version of Zombeiland (dump suffix 1C8D) that still does not work. It certainly would, eventually. Without going into much details, the reason is:

Producing a key with a "current" method would destroy some valuable data (this disc was released just for this reason).
The "new" method is not yet fully ready and needs some polishing/testing.

To some extent we are at the mercy of the studios. The moment they release a new batch of 2.1 discs, the "new" method would be activated with a side benefit of supporting this Zombieland disc.

Until then there is little point to invest just for one disc where alternative is available.

Thanks for understanding.
To the best of my knowledge, this hasn't changed.
gutless3690

Post by gutless3690 »

Ok. It may be worth an official post notifying users it is not worth submitting that dump. I saw conflicting information, but came to the conclusion the dump would still be worth submitting based on one of mike's replies making it seem multiple users dumping would help. Is the only option to return it to Amazon and buy another copy? It was on sale for $12, so I'm hoping if getting a replacement copy is an option I can keep doing so until I get a version that works at that price.