DRayZ33

The Abyss 4K

Post by DRayZ33 »

Dump file submitted:
MKB20_v77_THE_ABYSS_C144.tgz
triplerinse

Re: The Abyss 4K

Post by triplerinse »

i tried backing up my disk because hash key unknown. but it got half way through and said 17 files had Hash check error. tried 2 different drives both same results. anyone else getting this?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I can't read mine, either. I use Pioneer drives and a bu40n and cleaned the living snikes out of it and can't get a clean read. It's getting replaced....um, eventually. Since it's out of stock literally everywhere that may be a while. I'm annoyed. And Aliens still hasn't shipped nor do I even have a ship date. Oyyyy
triplerinse

Post by triplerinse »

first one is a lg drive internal and the other is an archgon tried using dvd fab also no dice. super pissed. this is the one movie i have been waiting for for so long in 4k.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I completely understand. I was also looking forward to it. Looks like it could be an MFG defect possibly. We'll have to see if more people have issues with theirs. That would not be good for any of us if so. Maybe it's just a few isolated bad discs. That'd be better.

P.S. For those waiting to rip theirs:

MKB20_v77_THE_ABYSS_C144.tgz

That's the one I have. I think it's in the keydb. I simply can't back it up due to the read errors.
robert.gregory

Post by robert.gregory »

The Blu-Ray looks fantastic. no problem ripping. I am using this option until 4K UHD issue gets solved :)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I just sent mine out today so we'll see how long it takes them to send me a new one. This should be hilarious.
jcguess78

Post by jcguess78 »

Same here. MakeMKV will not rip the 4K disc. DVDFab ripped 25 percent of the disc then said “read errors”. I don’t know what’s going on either. Maybe neither company has decrypted the discs yet. I’ve sent them my Dump File. I know it takes a lot of hard work to keep up with all of these new releases. Hopefully soon though.
baldrick

Post by baldrick »

I get read errors as well. Has anybody successfully ripped the 4K disc yet?
robert.gregory

Post by robert.gregory »

Hi all - 4k UHD of "The Abyss" being ripped as I write this speak.

THE ABYSS-FPL_MainFeature_t31

I think the THE ABYSS-FPL_MainFeature_t32 is the extended.

Please let me know if I am wrong...

DV MEL :)

Update: Disc is getting stuck on stupid... ICK :x
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Given all these reports I'm starting to think there really is a MFG defect on at least one batch of these. Delightful.
DavJen

Post by DavJen »

I was able to rip The Abyss Special Edition playlist but Aliens I can't rip on either of my drives.
jfoughe

Post by jfoughe »

I tried ripping in both DVDFab 12 and 13. It completes however the audio drifts throughout the entire file. By the end of the file, it's a good 2-3 seconds off.
darkedgex

Post by darkedgex »

baldrick wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:57 am
I get read errors as well. Has anybody successfully ripped the 4K disc yet?
Just as a data point, mine ripped fine on an Asus BW-16D1HT. I didn't have the key file, so when I did my full disc backup I unchecked decrypt video (obviously you normally want to leave that checked). I'd try the usual steps of cleaning the disc. As maddening as it can be, even brand new discs can somehow have stuff on the disc that causes it to fail ripping/backing up. And it's especially problematic with these triple layer discs.
jmos1277

Post by jmos1277 »

I successfully ripped the 4k version of the Special Edition. However, there are some small circular scratches on my disc that are preventing me ripping the Theatrical Release. I also attempted to do a full disc backup but was unable to read a single file: BDMV/STREAM/00726.m2ts.
Not surprisingly, that file is part of the playlist for the Theatrical Release. In fact, it's the LAST file in the playlist for the Theatrical Release :-( soooo close. I plan to investigate further, maybe it's just the credits!?

Sadly, it doesn't appear that I can exchange my disc or even purchase another from a different source. They are sold out everywhere. I just need ONE file from the disc to complete my Theatrical Release rip.

Disc Info: pre-order from Amazon
Drive Info: LG BU40N