Star Wars Andor Disc Error

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Star Wars Andor Disc Error

Post by SamuriHL »

Mine are from Walmart and ripped fine. I'm finishing up making a protected ISO of disc 3 as I type. Disc 1 and 2 were completely fine and I have protected ISOs of them copying to my NAS. They all open with the keys in the KeyDB so I'm good to go.
makememe

Post by makememe »

adambomber wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:56 pm
I'm mostly new here. what's the worst case scenario for something like this anyway? I'd hope the walmart discs aren't just faulty and a workaround can be done
I did not know about findvuk until today, thank you mysterysup. ensure you have a connection and proceed with the following and both andor d2 and kenobi d1 decrypt.

I do not have the link for the poster, and not finding it right now, damnit, on this site that provided this guidance. sorry, but you can find it somewhere here. no time to keep looking and I am not trying to take credit.

"If your discs aren't supported you can try this.

Download FindVUK 1.72.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172472

Put it somewhere.

Run FindVUK - Synchronize.bat

It will write a file keydb.cfg to C:\users\USERNAME\Appdata\Roamimg\AACS

Make a copy of this file and copy to:

C:\users\USERNAME\.Makemkv

Put your disc in the drive.

Run Makemkv.

Then run the Synchronize.bat from time to time in order to get new UHD keys. Replace the updated one and copy to the .Makemkv folder. "

Thank you to that poster for the guidance, well done.
makememe

Post by makememe »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:02 pm
Mine are from Walmart and ripped fine. I'm finishing up making a protected ISO of disc 3 as I type. Disc 1 and 2 were completely fine and I have protected ISOs of them copying to my NAS. They all open with the keys in the KeyDB so I'm good to go.
good for you, but it is a mystery why some of us have walmart and not decrypting that same disc. I can backup though, no problem. I used findvuk, solved.

mystery.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Huh? That disc isn't supported by MakeMKV yet. There's no mystery. Mike simply hasn't processed the dump. The reason it works with the keydb file (what you call findvuk, which is what is used to download the keydb file) is because there's a key in there that MakeMKV can use.
jgrimes83

Post by jgrimes83 »

I had been having this same problem with disc 2 for Andor since I received it last night. I downloaded a copy of keydb.cfg from http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net/ and threw it in my ripping directory and now makeMKV can open the disc like normal. I got Kenobi and Andor both from Walmart, and this was the only disc I had an issue with.
makememe

Post by makememe »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 pm
Huh? That disc isn't supported by MakeMKV yet. There's no mystery. Mike simply hasn't processed the dump. The reason it works with the keydb file (what you call findvuk, which is what is used to download the keydb file) is because there's a key in there that MakeMKV can use.
that disc?? I assume you mean kenobi d1. I wonder why that would not be supported when d2 has been. I provided the dumps for both days ago.

thank you for the clarification, but I did not require it. I used the name findvuk because that is the name of the app. findvuk_1.72 is the name of the extracted directory and is also the exe (findvuk.exe) that runs after initiating synchronize.bat.
creon

Post by creon »

I get the standard error when the key isn't the database when trying Andor Disc 2 so that's not a surprise, I'll submit the log later. However, my Disc 1 won't rip at all, it decrypts and opens, but sometimes doesn't detect all the titles, but when it does it starts throwing debug codes immediately upon starting the rip. Might do an exchange after trying the disc in my actual player.

[EDIT] Turns out both Disc 1 and Disc 3 needed some major cleaning. I started with iso acohol, but it became clear there was some kind of film that was on both discs, invisible to the eye until I started wiping it down and it started getting smeared everywhere. I ended up having to use some Dawn Powerwash to get the residue off and after that a last wipe with the alcohol both discs ripped without issue.
K5_EN

Post by K5_EN »

SOLVED... maybe...

I had the same issue as described in this thread as well as this MAKEMKV subreddit post - https://www.reddit.com/r/makemkv/commen ... _question/ (Where I have also posted this info.)

MY WORKAROUND:

1. Download the keydb.cfg file from the FindVUK website - http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net/

2. Extract the .zip and place the keydb.cfg file in MakeMKV's data directory (If you don't know what it is, go to View>Preferences>General and it will be listed right at the top of the menu. i.e. /home/USER/.MakeMKV in my case)

DISCLAIMER!!!:

I tested this on Ubuntu 23.10 and don't have Windows on any computers to verify, but - in theory - it should also work for you Windows peeps. If you try this on Windows or MacOS, leave a comment to help others!
tulsamatthews

Post by tulsamatthews »

My Andor disc 2 just started working.
starmax

Post by starmax »

Using MacOS...

Had lots of problems with Disc 2, tried downloading the cfg file but that didn't work. Cleaned the disc, which produced some serious hazing, rebooted a few times, but finally got it to work by switching to my non-UHD blu-ray drive. :?
BigMike_3

Post by BigMike_3 »

Disc 2 works for me today.

I saw some of the replies and cleaned my disc with iso. I'm not sure if this is the reason it works or if Mike uploaded the key into the database but mine are good now. I still haven't tried my Obi-Wan discs from walmart yet, going to do that now.
DiamondFire

Post by DiamondFire »

I wonder why just the Walmart disks would be faulty..
BigMike_3

Post by BigMike_3 »

DiamondFire wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:26 pm
I wonder why just the Walmart disks would be faulty..
Other people had faulty discs from Amazon as well. They are all most likely coming from a similar place, I wouldn't assume this is really only the WalMart Discs.