Star Wars Andor Disc Error

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
BigMike_3

Star Wars Andor Disc Error

Post by BigMike_3 »

I ordered Andor Season 1 on UHD BluRay. The second disc is having and error everytime I try to rip it. I sent the AACS dump file to the email svq@makemkv.com. Are other people having this error or able to scan all of the discs for Andor?
makememe

Re: Star Wars Andor Disc Error

Post by makememe »

yes. disc 2 for andor disc1 for kenobi. the volume key is unknown. dumps submitted as well. mike has much to do, so we wait.

for grins, walmart discs in my case.

thank you, mike.
adambomber

Post by adambomber »

makememe wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm
yes. disc 2 for andor disc1 for kenobi. the volume key is unknown. dumps submitted as well. mike has much to do, so we wait.

for grins, walmart discs in my case.

thank you, mike.
Do you think there may be a defect in the second disc? I haven't ripped my Walmart Andor 4Ks yet, but I remember something similar happening with Mando S2 disc 1, and it was a visual defect at some point during s2e2. I hope that's not the case here
tulsamatthews

Post by tulsamatthews »

Same for me. Kenobi disc 2 and Andor disc 2 won't load. The other discs worked fine. Mine came from Disney Movie Club.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I got all my other discs today except Andor. That's delayed until tomorrow by the delivery company. I don't like seeing posts of issues with discs. I was able to make protected ISOs of everything that I got today: Falcon and Winter Soldier, Obi Wan, Moon Knight, and Madam Web (need to send that dump in but was able to add a key for it to the keydb and used AnyDVD to decrypt it so MakeMKV could open it and give me an MKV). Fingers crossed I don't have disc errors when I get Andor. UGH.
BigMike_3

Post by BigMike_3 »

it seems like the disc 2 issue for Andor is wide spread. I've seen multiple posts on here and it seems like almost everyone is having issues with Disc. If yours works tomorrow, let us know.
sk0gg1es

Post by sk0gg1es »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:27 pm
I got all my other discs today except Andor. That's delayed until tomorrow by the delivery company. I don't like seeing posts of issues with discs. I was able to make protected ISOs of everything that I got today: Falcon and Winter Soldier, Obi Wan, Moon Knight, and Madam Web (need to send that dump in but was able to add a key for it to the keydb and used AnyDVD to decrypt it so MakeMKV could open it and give me an MKV). Fingers crossed I don't have disc errors when I get Andor. UGH.
FWIW I was able to use MakeMKV on all three of my Andor discs without problem
Sokudoningyou

Post by Sokudoningyou »

Disc 2 Andor, same problem for me as well. Walmart purchase. Haven't gotten to the other Disney+ series yet.
ablack42

Post by ablack42 »

Same. Submitted TGZ file
MKB20_v77_Andor-_The_Complete_First_Season_Disc_2_B73C.tgz
mysterysup

Post by mysterysup »

Andor disc 2 ripped fine for me with MakeMKV (I didn't have to use FindVUK either). Purchased the set earlier today from Barnes & Noble
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I'm ripping disc 1 and 2 as we speak. Keys for all 3 discs are in the KeyDB, including the disc 2 variant that people have posted (same as mine). I'll rip disc 3 once disc 1 is finished. Love having multiple Pioneer drives!
makememe

Post by makememe »

sk0gg1es wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:59 am
SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:27 pm
FWIW I was able to use MakeMKV on all three of my Andor discs without problem
good to read it works for some, but I have to ask: where did you get your set? I see I am not the only walmart set with disc2 not working. I have a successful backup, no decrypt of course. strange problem for both andor and kenobi.

thanks.
adambomber

Post by adambomber »

I was wondering this as well. Disc 2 seems to play okay on the 4K player attached to my TV, but I can't access this with MakeMKV or even VLC player.
bluecow003

Post by bluecow003 »

ablack42 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 pm
Same. Submitted TGZ file
MKB20_v77_Andor-_The_Complete_First_Season_Disc_2_B73C.tgz
Same exact thing here. Purchased from Walmart, disc 2 won't read with the same tgz file output. I had submitted the tgz file on Sunday afternoon around lunch time.
adambomber

Post by adambomber »

I'm mostly new here. what's the worst case scenario for something like this anyway? I'd hope the walmart discs aren't just faulty and a workaround can be done