Simple flashing guide questions, Re: WH14NS40...

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
takearushfan

Simple flashing guide questions, Re: WH14NS40...

Post by takearushfan »

Hi, all. I just got the WH14NS40 model and the stickers say manufactured 2024, NS50 and firmware 1.05. Does this mean I need to do the sidegrading thing due to encryption? This is where I get a bit lost. What is sidegrading? I'm not sure what exact steps to take and which firmware I need. I tried to understand the guide but this part confuses me. Thanks for your patience.
Woodstock

Re: Simple flashing guide questions, Re: WH14NS40...

Post by Woodstock »

Do you want to do UHD disks? Then yes, you need to install firmware that won't block you from doing so. There are a couple of topics here already about doing so.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MartyMcNuts

Re: Simple flashing guide questions, Re: WH14NS40...

Post by MartyMcNuts »

takearushfan wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:15 pm
Hi, all. I just got the WH14NS40 model and the stickers say manufactured 2024, NS50 and firmware 1.05. Does this mean I need to do the sidegrading thing due to encryption? This is where I get a bit lost. What is sidegrading? I'm not sure what exact steps to take and which firmware I need. I tried to understand the guide but this part confuses me. Thanks for your patience.
Just flash it straight to WH16NS60 1.02-MK and you are done!!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com