Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Koubafire

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023

Post by Koubafire »

Hello,

I have ASUS BW-16D1HT with mk firmware LG WH16NS60 (because of sleep bug) but burning of 50gb blurays with nero express sometimes fail with DAO error - cant write at once (or something like that ) at the end. Should I get other firmware of another LG drive? Can you recomend good firmware for me? Asus firmware has a sleep bug.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Koubafire wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:07 am
Hello,

I have ASUS BW-16D1HT with mk firmware LG WH16NS60 (because of sleep bug) but burning of 50gb blurays with nero express sometimes fail with DAO error - cant write at once (or something like that ) at the end. Should I get other firmware of another LG drive? Can you recomend good firmware for me? Asus firmware has a sleep bug.
If you want to write discs, use the ASUS firmware or get another drive to use as a writer.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
natra

Post by natra »

Hi guys, will my drive work.

Drive Information

Manufacturer: ASUS

Product: BW-16D1H-U

Revision: E114

Serial number: RFDL020701WL

Firmware date: 2017-12-21

Bus encryption flags: 1B

Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information

Drive platform: RS8601

Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209

Firmware type: Original (unpatched)

Firmware version: E114/ID71

DVD all regions: Yes

BD raw data read: Yes

BD raw metadata read: Yes

Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

natra wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:27 pm
Hi guys, will my drive work.

Drive Information

Manufacturer: ASUS

Product: BW-16D1H-U

Revision: E114

Serial number: RFDL020701WL

Firmware date: 2017-12-21

Bus encryption flags: 1B

Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information

Drive platform: RS8601

Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209

Firmware type: Original (unpatched)

Firmware version: E114/ID71

DVD all regions: Yes

BD raw data read: Yes

BD raw metadata read: Yes

Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

Yes but not with this guide as it's a pioneer email me for a flasher see below
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
bd-one

Post by bd-one »

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere/many times in this monster thread. I just purchased and flashed a LG WH14NS40. It came with encrypted 1.05 firmware. Thanks to MakeMKV and the SDFlasher, It flashed just fine to the suggested WH16NS60 1.02MK firmware.

Is the drive safe with this firmware for burning all media? I understand the WH14 is supposed to have 14x speed, whereas the WH16 has 16x speed.

My current Bluray media is limited to 6x, so the drive is not the limiting factor right now as the media dictates the burn speed.

Thanks!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

bd-one wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:08 am
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere/many times in this monster thread. I just purchased and flashed a LG WH14NS40. It came with encrypted 1.05 firmware. Thanks to MakeMKV and the SDFlasher, It flashed just fine to the suggested WH16NS60 1.02MK firmware.

Is the drive safe with this firmware for burning all media? I understand the WH14 is supposed to have 14x speed, whereas the WH16 has 16x speed.

My current Bluray media is limited to 6x, so the drive is not the limiting factor right now as the media dictates the burn speed.

Thanks!
Yep, should be fine for reading and writing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

I just bought Archgon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BC9F98J?ps ... ct_details
But unable to rip any of my 4K discs.
All discs give below error
---------------------
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..002000800 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v76_The_Thing_1CD9.tgz
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Failed to open disc
----------------------
Kindly let me know what do I need to do now to make it work.
BTW, i ve licensed version of makemkv and tried both makemkv and dvdfab but cannot make it work.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

newmkv wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:52 pm
---------------------
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..002000800 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom1'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Failed to open disc
----------------------
BTW, i ve licensed version of makemkv and tried both makemkv and dvdfab but cannot make it work.
I couldn't get the link to load but I assume you have the Archgon MD8107S UHD drive? Have you flashed the drive? It needs to be flashed first before you can rip UHD disccs. Flash it to BU40N 1.03-MK first, then to BU40N 1.00 if you want to use it with DVDFab.
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:35 pm
newmkv wrote:
---------------------
Failed to open disc
----------------------
I couldn't get the link to load but I assume you have the Archgon MD8107S UHD drive? Have you flashed the drive? It needs to be flashed first before you can rip UHD disccs. Flash it to BU40N 1.03-MK first, then to BU40N 1.00 if you want to use it with DVDFab.
First of all, thank you so much for swift response.
Model is called 'Archgon Premium Aluminum External USB 3.0 UHD 4K Blu-Ray Writer Super Drive for PC and Mac' as in amazon.com
I think its MD-8107 model.
When you say flashing, what exact steps I need to follow pls? and how to do 'Flash it to BU40N 1.03-MK first, then to BU40N 1.00 if you want to use it with DVDFab?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

newmkv wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:42 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
newmkv wrote:
---------------------
Failed to open disc
----------------------
Model is called 'Archgon Premium Aluminum External USB 3.0 UHD 4K Blu-Ray Writer Super Drive for PC and Mac' as in amazon.com
When you say flashing, what exact steps I need to follow pls? and how to do 'Flash it to BU40N 1.03-MK first, then to BU40N 1.00 if you want to use it with DVDFab?
Here you go: viewtopic.php?p=94848#p94848

Towards the bottom of the post are download links for SDFtool Flasher and the firmware pack.
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:54 am
newmkv wrote:
MartyMcNuts wrote:

Towards the bottom of the post are download links for SDFtool Flasher and the firmware pack.
THANK YOU.
I downloaded and could open that GUI tool.
But when i downloaded/Unzipped below, I do not see file called BU40N 1.03-MK or starting with BU....
Where exactly I will find that BU40N 1.03-MK please?
------------
Here is the link to my "All You Need Firmware Pack"

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ph1ap2eg ... ).zip/file
-------------
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

newmkv wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:03 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
newmkv wrote:

THANK YOU.
But when i downloaded/Unzipped below, I do not see file called BU40N 1.03-MK or starting with BU....
------------

-------------
sorry for a dumb question.
Also, after extracting that SD tool exe I opened as Admin in my windows 11 laptop but that window looks too small that i cannot see clearly the options. How do you all manage to re-size it?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

newmkv wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:07 am
newmkv wrote:
MartyMcNuts wrote:

THANK YOU.
------------

-------------
Also, after extracting that SD tool exe I opened as Admin in my windows 11 laptop but that window looks too small that i cannot see clearly the options. How do you all manage to re-size it?
BU40N 1.03-MK is in the pack. You aren't looking hard enough.

Are you using a 4K screen? That's usually the reason why the window looks funny. If so, read the first post of that thread again.
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:55 am
newmkv wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:07 am
newmkv wrote:

THANK YOU.
------------

-------------
BU40N 1.03-MK is in the pack. You aren't looking hard enough.

Are you using a 4K screen? That's usually the reason why the window looks funny. If so, read the first post of that thread again.
Hello, i am thinking to return that player and buy Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD if you think it can rip flawlessly out of the box without any changes. Kindly let me know please. thanks again
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

newmkv wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:02 am
Hello, i am thinking to return that player and buy Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD if you think it can rip flawlessly out of the box without any changes. Kindly let me know please. thanks again
no the pioneers no longer work out of the box unless you buy them from a flasher
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com