UHD drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
subman
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Re: UHD drives

Post by subman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:24 pm

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 am
subman wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:06 pm
hello i´m in this forum at makemkv
new to uhd drives
i´ve a asus bc-12d2ht 3.00
i´ve read many posts here the more a read more confused i get
my questions are :
do i need to crossflash drive to another one ? ( i´ve read here someone who flashed this drive to a bw-16d1ht )
if is advised to do it to what drive ?
what advantages can i expect ?
and a stupid question will this drive being flash to another will write blu ray ?
sorry for this last question
i´m really really confused
thanks to all
@subman,

I'm pretty sure your current firmware (3.00) is UHD friendly. Just pop in a 4K UHD disc, open MakeMKV and see if you can back it up to your hard drive.

If it works,then you are all good. If not,then, yes, you can easily cross-flash it. Not sure about if it will write to Blu Ray discs after being flashed to BW-16D1HT.
thanks a lot for your reply
:idea: i would try to cross flash justo to be sure if it writes or not
you said " If not,then, yes, you can easily cross-flash it." my question is what method should i use :?:
added some photos of drive
Attachments
Capturar2.PNG
Capturar2.PNG (375.97 KiB) Viewed 2269 times
Capturar1.PNG
Capturar1.PNG (265.56 KiB) Viewed 2269 times
Capturar.PNG
Capturar.PNG (62.57 KiB) Viewed 2269 times

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: UHD drives

Post by MartyMcNuts » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:29 pm

@subman,

Visit this thread and download the unlocked flasher & firmware files from the 3rd post.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18873

It is very easy to flash your drive.

1. Run the patched exe
2. Make sure your drive is selected in dropbox (if you have more than 1 drive)
3. Click the folder button and select a firmware. (I recommend BW-16D1HT 3.02)
4. Press the play button to flash drive
5. Reboot & done.

subman
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Re: UHD drives

Post by subman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Thanks marty

Already had tried but same message popsup

Message i get:
Checksum mismatched
Drive Will go to boot mode
Please retry again

Any ideas

jonghotti
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Earth

Re: UHD drives

Post by jonghotti » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 pm

subman wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:24 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 am
subman wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:06 pm
hello i´m in this forum at makemkv
new to uhd drives
i´ve a asus bc-12d2ht 3.00
i´ve read many posts here the more a read more confused i get
my questions are :
do i need to crossflash drive to another one ? ( i´ve read here someone who flashed this drive to a bw-16d1ht )
if is advised to do it to what drive ?
what advantages can i expect ?
and a stupid question will this drive being flash to another will write blu ray ?
sorry for this last question
i´m really really confused
thanks to all
@subman,

I'm pretty sure your current firmware (3.00) is UHD friendly. Just pop in a 4K UHD disc, open MakeMKV and see if you can back it up to your hard drive.

If it works,then you are all good. If not,then, yes, you can easily cross-flash it. Not sure about if it will write to Blu Ray discs after being flashed to BW-16D1HT.
thanks a lot for your reply
:idea: i would try to cross flash justo to be sure if it writes or not
you said " If not,then, yes, you can easily cross-flash it." my question is what method should i use :?:
added some photos of drive
What you need to do is return that piece of junk to wherever you purchased it and buy a real drive, in my opinion.

subman
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Re: UHD drives

Post by subman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:26 pm

jonghotti wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 pm
subman wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:24 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 am


@subman,

I'm pretty sure your current firmware (3.00) is UHD friendly. Just pop in a 4K UHD disc, open MakeMKV and see if you can back it up to your hard drive.

If it works,then you are all good. If not,then, yes, you can easily cross-flash it. Not sure about if it will write to Blu Ray discs after being flashed to BW-16D1HT.
thanks a lot for your reply
:idea: i would try to cross flash justo to be sure if it writes or not
you said " If not,then, yes, you can easily cross-flash it." my question is what method should i use :?:
added some photos of drive
What you need to do is return that piece of junk to wherever you purchased it and buy a real drive, in my opinion.
Thanks for your oustanding reply and show to us all why instead of sending me PM to “gladly” Sell me other preflashed drive ...

jonghotti
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Earth

Re: UHD drives

Post by jonghotti » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:55 pm

You’re most welcome.

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: UHD drives

Post by MartyMcNuts » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 pm

@subman,

Have you been able to sort out your drive or restore back to 3.00? If not, please try this and let me know if it works for you.
ASUS ODD FW Changer For BC-12D2HT (3.00).zip
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 73 times

subman
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Re: UHD drives

Post by subman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:26 pm

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 pm
@subman,

Have you been able to sort out your drive or restore back to 3.00? If not, please try this and let me know if it works for you.

ASUS ODD FW Changer For BC-12D2HT (3.00).zip
Marty yes i did
Crossflash to bw-16d1ht 3.02
Mine was already on 3.00 i have de dump i’ll post it later picture file Is to big to post
Used to dump hirensbootcd 15.2 with DosFlash32_BH16NS40 on another computer then used in windows 10 the BH16NS40_EEPROM_Data_Mover and then the asus odd fw 3.02 updater for bw-16d1ht (patched)
Tested to write bd-r mediarange and no sucess on imgburn
Dvddl verbatin fine
I have to make another testing then i’ll post
havent tested uhd medias
Thanks to all who helped with info pics and usefull information
Attachments
copiafirmware.rar
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
Capturar1.PNG
Capturar1.PNG (537.82 KiB) Viewed 2024 times
Capturar.PNG
Capturar.PNG (664.99 KiB) Viewed 2024 times

Negatron
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Re: UHD drives

Post by Negatron » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:31 pm

Is it still the same that the 4k ripper drives will not work with MAKEMKV, so we need to get a 4k friendly ripper drive?

Negatron
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Re: UHD drives

Post by Negatron » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 pm

I have 2 LG BH16NS55 drives and they say they will play 128gb discs...can this have the firmware updated to rip 4k discs?

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: UHD drives

Post by MartyMcNuts » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Good stuff @subman!

Billycar11
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: UHD drives

Post by Billycar11 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 pm

well thats one drive saved by the new method good to see they go into recovery mode

wombats
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:44 am

Re: UHD drives

Post by wombats » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:46 am

I'm a bit confused. If I use an official LG drive and create an MKV file from a 4k UHD HDR Blu Ray, will I be able to play that file back in MP-HC using MadVR or not? I'm seeing conflicting information out there saying that only the "UHD Friendly" drives will work.

wombats
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:44 am

Re: UHD drives

Post by wombats » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:55 am

mike admin wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:18 pm
At the time of this writing no such certs are publicly available, and certainly MakeMKV doesn't have one. This means that at the moment MakeMKV cannot even make a non-decrypted full disc backup of an UHD disc from such drive.
Seeing as this post was in 2017 and the Official LG drives are listed as supported now, is this statement still true or not? I'm assuming the answer is yes and I can go ahead and get an LG WH16NS60 to play Blu Rays in MadVR. Correct?

jonghotti
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Earth

Re: UHD drives

Post by jonghotti » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:44 am

Negatron wrote:Is it still the same that the 4k ripper drives will not work with MAKEMKV, so we need to get a 4k friendly ripper drive?
I think you mean Official UHD drives (those rockin’ the UHD Blu Ray logo on the bezel) vs. standard bdxl Blu Ray drives that can be flashed into UHD friendly.
The line between the two has now blurred so much that the LG UHD Official drives can now be made into UHD Officially Friendly drives that will rip 4K UHD Blu Rays and play them
back with PowerDVD as well.

Yours truly being happy to hook up one and all with drives that fit this description.


Ask me for a 4K “UHD Friendly” Blu Ray drive to try before you buy!

Post Reply