Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
jonghotti

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by jonghotti » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:30 am

MartyMcNuts wrote:Billy, I think Alex is just pushing your buttons!!
No he’s not, he has no idea wtf you guys are talking about.
I’ve not changed a thing with my flashing setup since the day I made it, and that was months before this new stuff came into being. I wasn’t even aware there was a 1.01 for the official drives until very recently because I’ve had a stash of 1.00 WH16NS60s for a good 6 months when no one gave a shit about that drive. When I got my hands on a 1.01 i immediately downgraded it to 1.00 no sweat, same with BU40s and UH12NS40-these guys having a service code of NS40 which I thought meant flashing not possible.

It’s only a matter of time though before the next generation of optical drives appear and are locked down like Fort Knox against all this firmware hacking.
I’d stock up now on the drives....

CSmuggler

Post by CSmuggler » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:35 pm

I gave a ASUS BW-16D1HT, with 3.01. It's worked fine with UHD, and other discs fine.

I haven't used it very much, perhaps two dozen discs have been in it since I purchased it about a year ago. (And downgraded the firmware.)

Now it seems to spin and eject any disc I put in it. I don't know what's changed, and fear a hardware failure.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm using it on a Mac with Mac OS Mojave. I did install the beta of Mac OS Catalina and now I've downgraded back to Mojave. It IS possible that it stopped working with the Catalina update, but that doesn't sound like something that would happen.

Again. Please, if you have any ideas, I'd love to know... (Prior to reporting it failing to ASUS, and likely getting a new one with an updated firmware.)

It closes the drawer, tries to read any disc, and then ejects the disc.

Help!

Thanks.

spl147

Post by spl147 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:32 pm

CSmuggler wrote:I gave a ASUS BW-16D1HT, with 3.01. It's worked fine with UHD, and other discs fine.

I haven't used it very much, perhaps two dozen discs have been in it since I purchased it about a year ago. (And downgraded the firmware.)

Now it seems to spin and eject any disc I put in it. I don't know what's changed, and fear a hardware failure.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm using it on a Mac with Mac OS Mojave. I did install the beta of Mac OS Catalina and now I've downgraded back to Mojave. It IS possible that it stopped working with the Catalina update, but that doesn't sound like something that would happen.

Again. Please, if you have any ideas, I'd love to know... (Prior to reporting it failing to ASUS, and likely getting a new one with an updated firmware.)

It closes the drawer, tries to read any disc, and then ejects the disc.

Help!

Thanks.
You should flash the 3.10MK Firmware

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro