UH12NS40 Firmware 1.0

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Post Reply
petrob
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:46 pm

UH12NS40 Firmware 1.0

Post by petrob » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Bought an LG UH12NS40 drive which came with a "fixed" 1.01 firmware. LG website only has this firmware available (of course!). Any member here has this drive with the original UHD-friendly 1.00 firmware? Can I crossflash ASUS BC-12D2HT firmware on this? Specs for both look pretty similar. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

st4evr
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: UH12NS40 Firmware 1.0

Post by st4evr » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:45 pm

You can check these threads (and links within) to see if 1.00 Friendly for that drive is posted as a starting point with the downgrade tools/instructions provided:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=16832

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=17058

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=18251

Or by members who have posted within that thread.

petrob
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Re: UH12NS40 Firmware 1.0

Post by petrob » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Nothing in those links. Only a 3.00 dump of the Asus BC-12D2HT firmware. One member (Terramax) suggests to flash the BC-12D2HT with the BW-16D1HT firmware. Can flashing a read-only drive (BC) with a writer (BW) firmware cause problems? I wouldn't expect my drive to be able to burn discs all of a sudden :D but I don't want to brick it either!

jonghotti
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Earth

Re: UH12NS40 Firmware 1.0

Post by jonghotti » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:38 am

petrob wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:17 pm
Nothing in those links. Only a 3.00 dump of the Asus BC-12D2HT firmware. One member (Terramax) suggests to flash the BC-12D2HT with the BW-16D1HT firmware. Can flashing a read-only drive (BC) with a writer (BW) firmware cause problems? I wouldn't expect my drive to be able to burn discs all of a sudden :D but I don't want to brick it either!
I suggest the same thing, it will work. I have 7 of those drives sitting here all flashed to ASUS 3.01 and hitting the high speeds during rips just like an ASUS.
I sell UHD Friendly drives in the USA and anywhere else in the world they're used!
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829

petrob
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Re: UH12NS40 Firmware 1.0

Post by petrob » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:16 pm

Cool! I'll try it! Thanks for the feedback!

troybos
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:12 am

Re: UH12NS40 Firmware 1.0

Post by troybos » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 am

petrob...did you ever successfully flash your UH12NS40 to a firmware that could read UHD? What firmware did you use and could you share the process? Thanks

jonghotti
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Earth

Re: UH12NS40 Firmware 1.0

Post by jonghotti » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:42 am

troybos wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 am
petrob...did you ever successfully flash your UH12NS40 to a firmware that could read UHD? What firmware did you use and could you share the process? Thanks
Use the same process used for flashing any other drive and use the Asus Bw16d1ht 3.01 firmware.

Or better yet buy a couple from me they’re cheap and I’ve got 8 pre flashed and tested units in stock
I sell UHD Friendly drives in the USA and anywhere else in the world they're used!
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829

troybos
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:12 am

Re: UH12NS40 Firmware 1.0

Post by troybos » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:42 pm

jonghotti wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:42 am
troybos wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 am
petrob...did you ever successfully flash your UH12NS40 to a firmware that could read UHD? What firmware did you use and could you share the process? Thanks
Use the same process used for flashing any other drive and use the Asus Bw16d1ht 3.01 firmware.

Or better yet buy a couple from me they’re cheap and I’ve got 8 pre flashed and tested units in stock

How do I contact you about your prices?

jonghotti
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Earth

Re: UH12NS40 Firmware 1.0

Post by jonghotti » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:25 pm

I sell UHD Friendly drives in the USA and anywhere else in the world they're used!
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829

Post Reply