Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Amasakre
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:26 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by Amasakre » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:46 pm

How can i downgrade Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 with BU12 to BU10?
Tried with DE_flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_BU40N_BU10.bin firmware and just go a error: Updating Failure #4.
Image

Billycar11
Posts: 705
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by Billycar11 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Amasakre wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:46 pm
How can i downgrade Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 with BU12 to BU10?
Tried with DE_flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_BU40N_BU10.bin firmware and just go a error: Updating Failure #4.
Image
Use mk 1.03 for bu40n in that drive it is a BU40N it's probably just a rebaged 1.03

icedragonslair
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by icedragonslair » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:49 am

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:37 am
Downgrade Enabled Firmware V.2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/102V7DU ... sp=sharing
MD5: D9166F375D82D808411549BF615EE70E
SHA-256: 64084863829C3C8EFABF6ED786DAC426AC70C23AE02D7525C36C369841C869B0
Amazing, worked like a charm on my WH16NS60

Thanks so much man,
Ice

hdxXD
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:03 am

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by hdxXD » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:17 am

hi everyone
i buy a BRUHD-PU3 , FM version is bu12
first i use this post BH14NS40_N1.00-A4_patched.exe and it show 'ATAPI device can not be found F/W model is BD-RE BH14NS40.'
i use other laptop but it show the same message.
so i try the other way , use ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified) and show update fail

please help, thank you

JohnnyJones
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:38 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by JohnnyJones » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:47 pm

First, this board is full of amazing information!

Now to my issue: Have tried to follow BillyCar's instructions for flashing the WH16NS60 1.02 to the supplied 1.00.bin but to no avail.

Getting the following: Write DRAM NG 05/26/03

Any else run into this?

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by MartyMcNuts » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:47 am

hdxXD wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:17 am
hi everyone
i buy a BRUHD-PU3 , FM version is bu12
first i use this post BH14NS40_N1.00-A4_patched.exe and it show 'ATAPI device can not be found F/W model is BD-RE BH14NS40.'
i use other laptop but it show the same message.
so i try the other way , use ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified) and show update fail

please help, thank you
Use the ASUS flasher and flash BU40N_1.03_MK. This should work. Then you can flash other firmware if you like.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD drives in AUS & NZ visit: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=18747

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by MartyMcNuts » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:50 am

JohnnyJones wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:47 pm
First, this board is full of amazing information!

Now to my issue: Have tried to follow BillyCar's instructions for flashing the WH16NS60 1.02 to the supplied 1.00.bin but to no avail.

Getting the following: Write DRAM NG 05/26/03

Any else run into this?
I haven't seen a NS60 with 1.02 as yet but use the ASUS flasher and try flashing ASUS 3.10-MK. If this works, you can then flash NS60 1.00 firmware.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD drives in AUS & NZ visit: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=18747

SamuriHL
Posts: 1167
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by SamuriHL » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:54 am

Or use the new NS55 MK 1.04 first, then NS60 1.00 or MK 1.01. Then you "keep it in the family". LOL

enkita50
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:56 am

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by enkita50 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:58 am

Just wanted to say thank you to the developers for offering the firmware downgrade to get my LG drive UHD 'friendly'. I am always so impressed with the folks on these sites for 1) being way smarter than I to create stuff like this, and 2) for being so generous in sharing their labor. You are all awesome !

SmoothRunnings
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by SmoothRunnings » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:43 am

I am stuck with this.

I have a brand new LG WH16NS40 with FW 1.04 installed. When I tried to downgrade the FW to 1.02 using the unlocker app it tells me Write DRAM NG 05/26/03. I checked the SVC on the drive as well and it shows NS50.

So can someone give me hand?

I tried my John Wick 2 4K UHD disc tonight and the drive doesn't even see the disc. :(

Thanks,

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by MartyMcNuts » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:23 pm

SmoothRunnings wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:43 am
I am stuck with this.

I have a brand new LG WH16NS40 with FW 1.04 installed. When I tried to downgrade the FW to 1.02 using the unlocker app it tells me Write DRAM NG 05/26/03. I checked the SVC on the drive as well and it shows NS50.

So can someone give me hand?

I tried my John Wick 2 4K UHD disc tonight and the drive doesn't even see the disc. :(

Thanks,
You must flash either BH16NS55_1.04_MK or ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.10_MK first, then you can flash 1.02 if you want.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD drives in AUS & NZ visit: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=18747

inflate
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by inflate » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Just wanted to say that I bricked a year-old WH16NS40. I bought a new one & had Billycar11 remotely change the firmware. Took all of 7 minutes. Highly recommended. :mrgreen:

eddified
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:26 am

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by eddified » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:34 am

Special thanks to Billycar11 for the video and links on the youtube video.
I have the WH16NS40 svc code NS50. I've downgraded from 1.03 to 1.02. Thanks for the great software and forum!

Quick Question: Does LibreDrive make it unnecessary to downgrade my particular drive? If so, is it now recommended that I upgrade the Firmware to latest version?

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by MartyMcNuts » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:34 am

eddified wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:34 am
Special thanks to Billycar11 for the video and links on the youtube video.
I have the WH16NS40 svc code NS50. I've downgraded from 1.03 to 1.02. Thanks for the great software and forum!

Quick Question: Does LibreDrive make it unnecessary to downgrade my particular drive? If so, is it now recommended that I upgrade the Firmware to latest version?
LibreDrive does not necessarily equal UHD compatible.

If your drive is working well and you are happy, leave it as is. Otherwise, you could flash the newer version and if it breaks UHD compatibility, just downgrade it again. Easy Peasy!!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD drives in AUS & NZ visit: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=18747

Micim987
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:14 pm

Re: Firmware downgrade using official (patched) flasher, the "Ultra hax0r guide"

Post by Micim987 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:35 pm

I have the same problem as SmoothRunnings. I have a brand new WH16NS40 (DOM: August 19) with 1.04 firmware. Before I do anything I wanted to confirm I need to:

1. Cross flash either BH16NS55_1.04_MK or ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.10_MK using the ASUS flasher
2. Flash the DE_flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS40_1.02_NS50.bin using the old flasher
3. Flash the HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS40-NS50-1.03-NM00600-211711211653.bin from the mk-firmware file

Is this correct or will I end up bricking my new drive? I also can't use dosflash because I don't have access to a PC with an IDE compatible bios so if I mess something up its messed up for good.

Locked