NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
PeterMac

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by PeterMac »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:30 am
Included with the ASUS Flasher, is the 'DE' UHD friendly firmwares we are currently using with the LG Flasher tool.
What does it mean this "DE" ?
SamuriHL

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by SamuriHL »

Downgrade Enabled. Allowing you to downgrade a drive to a previous version.
PeterMac

Post by PeterMac »

Hehe thanks for informations, I thought DE (Deutsh) language firmware :lol:

Edit
@MartyMcNuts - Does it secure to use modifier flasher to downgrade without doing dump backup current firmware ?

Does your included firmware for Asus ver 3.02 different from orginal "clean" one ?
PeterMac

Post by PeterMac »

I just buy Asus BW-16D1HT, install drive, check firmware and it came with 3.03, I run Modified reflasher select DE 3.02 firmware hit START and drive open tray but nothing more happen, no any progress bar on screen, nothing, I wait more and close reflasher and close tray manually.
After that drive worked fine and shows 3.02 firmware, but I decided to run reflasher again and this time reflasher open tray, shows progress bar, and suscessfull information window and closed tray itself.

How do you think, everything now is correct ? I do not damage drive in some way doing twice flashing ?
Last edited by PeterMac on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

You should be good. We've seen that happen a few times for whatever reason. Almost always the first flash that didn't seem to complete actually did but running it a second time was fine. Sounds like you're good to go.
PeterMac

Post by PeterMac »

SamuriHL - thank you!, drive work fine, I already record BD-RE DL fine, I also rip regular BD movie with MakeMKV everything seems work, tommorow I will receive my first UHD BD movie Planet Earth II and I will try to rip it on HDD, can't wait :)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Excellent. I suspect you'll be happy with the UHD ripping.
minos1067

Post by minos1067 »

PeterMac wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:41 pm
SamuriHL - thank you!, drive work fine, I already record BD-RE DL fine, I also rip regular BD movie with MakeMKV everything seems work, tommorow I will receive my first UHD BD movie Planet Earth II and I will try to rip it on HDD, can't wait :)
Bought and ripped both Planet Earth II 4K UHD and Blue Planet II 4K UHD without a problem with the 3.02 UE firmware.
minos1067

Post by minos1067 »

PeterMac wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:41 pm
Please correct, I meant "DE 3.02".

I bought and ripped both Planet Earth II 4K UHD and Blue Planet II 4K UHD without any problem using DE 3.02 firmware.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

How's the updating failure #3 bug fix coming along?
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

jonghotti wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:07 am
There is no fix. This is an enclosure issue, where it is not passing all the required commands through to the drive.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:54 am
jonghotti wrote:
There is no fix. This is an enclosure issue, where it is not passing all the required commands through to the drive.
Here's one, what error would come back if you were attempting to flash firmware 1.00 to a drive that already contained 1.00?
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

jonghotti wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:00 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:54 am
jonghotti wrote:
Here's one, what error would come back if you were attempting to flash firmware 1.00 to a drive that already contained 1.00?
Why would you want to do that?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
PeterMac

Post by PeterMac »

I ripped Planet Earth II without any problems :D, thank you MartyMcNuts for your flasher.

But what I noticed, I left disc in drive for longer time, and after that drive give weird sounds from it. Is it normal ? is it this sleep bug behavior ?

Edit
OK I read that's this cause by this sleep bug

Does this not damage drive ?
Does this also happen on orginal drive which came with 3.01, 3,02 firmware ? Same happen ?
Does it is Asus bug ?
Does this happen on all kind of discs ?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

PeterMac wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:37 pm
I ripped Planet Earth II without any problems :D, thank you MartyMcNuts for your flasher.

But what I noticed, I left disc in drive for longer time, and after that drive give weird sounds from it. Is it normal ? is it this sleep bug behavior ?

Edit
OK I read that's this cause by this sleep bug

Does this not damage drive ?
Does this also happen on orginal drive which came with 3.01, 3,02 firmware ? Same happen ?
Does it is Asus bug ?
Does this happen on all kind of discs ?
The sleep bug is basically common to all UHD "Friendly" drives. It does not occur on "Official" UHD drives.