NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Noego

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by Noego »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:49 pm
Noego wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:42 am
When I try to run this I get "Updating Failure #4". Does anybody know how to fix this? :D
Let me just read your mind.....aaargh! C'mon dude! You need to give us more info.

machine, drive model, firmware installed, firmware trying to flash etc....
Ye sorry about that. It was regarding Asus BW-16D1HT and I was trying to go to 3.01.
I did manage to do it by going from 3.10 which was on it, to the 3.10 in the folder from the original post, and then going to 3.01. :D :D
MartyMcNuts

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Noego wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:38 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:49 pm
Noego wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:42 am
When I try to run this I get "Updating Failure #4". Does anybody know how to fix this? :D
Let me just read your mind.....aaargh! C'mon dude! You need to give us more info.

machine, drive model, firmware installed, firmware trying to flash etc....
Ye sorry about that. It was regarding Asus BW-16D1HT and I was trying to go to 3.01.
I did manage to do it by going from 3.10 which was on it, to the 3.10 in the folder from the original post, and then going to 3.01. :D :D
Yep, that's the way to do it!! Glad you are all sorted.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi everyone,

A couple of months ago, I created a small application called "SUPfoe", that allows you to extract the "FORCED" subtitles from the .sup subtitle files that you have extracted from your BD/UHD discs. This works on windows only and .net framework 4.5 or higher is required (so Win10 users should be fine).

It is a "1-click" application and is simple to use.

Step 1: Run the SUPfoe.exe
Step 2: Either click the "OPEN" button and select a .sup subtitle file OR drag 'n' drop a .sup subtitle file onto the 'source' textbox.

That's it! The 'Info' window will let you know how many subtitles are in the file and how many are flagged as 'forced' (if any). At the same time, if there are any 'forced' subtitles, the application will extract them to a file in the same directory as the source file.

Here is the thread for the download: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20964

For those of you that want the FORCED subs, and don't want to use "bdsup2sub", feel free to give it a try and let me know (in that thread!) if you have any issues.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Brooks6969

Post by Brooks6969 »

Thanks for the heads up NoeGo. I just signed up for an account to thank you because I was running into the same issue. Had to install 3.1 first, even though the drive already had 3.1, then install 3.02.

The 3.1 is buried in the file system there though so it took me a while to find it.
jeremybrice

Post by jeremybrice »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:39 pm
tribble wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:34 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:51 pm

Please read the first post of this very thread. The BP50NB40 SVC: NB50 is supported. The SVC: NB40 is not guaranteed to be flashable but you can try it if you want to.

Cheers
What's the worst that can happen, I brick my drive? Or is it just going to fail and give me an error number? Just want to be sure.
I have flashed a BP50NB40 (SVC: NB40) before for a customer. I warned him that the SVC: NB40 hadn't been flash tested before but he wanted me to have a go anyway. It worked just fine. The only thing I can say is to make sure that MakeMKV says "Drive platform: MT1959" before attempting to flash it.

The very worst that could happen is that you would brick the drive but as I said, it worked just fine when I did it.
Hello. I see that you said you were successful flashing a BP50NB40 (SVC: NB40) drive. That's what I have and I want to attempt it. It was manufactured in 2017 and has the Drive platform: MT1959. I saw on the first page of instructions it said that I "Must use Marty's asus tool to flash 8/24/19 or later only with HBD Firmware only"
I'm not sure what "flash 8/24/19 or later only with HBD" means. Could you provide some guidance?
hart2hart

Post by hart2hart »

Just want to confirm.... Are ASUS BW-16D1HT that are being sold today still capable of being downgraded to 3.02? Do you have to locate and install a patched version of 3.1 (if that's what it has out of box) then downgrade to 3.02?

Thanks
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

jeremybrice wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:26 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
tribble wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:34 pm

What's the worst that can happen, I brick my drive? Or is it just going to fail and give me an error number? Just want to be sure.
I have flashed a BP50NB40 (SVC: NB40) before for a customer. I warned him that the SVC: NB40 hadn't been flash tested before but he wanted me to have a go anyway. It worked just fine. The only thing I can say is to make sure that MakeMKV says "Drive platform: MT1959" before attempting to flash it.

The very worst that could happen is that you would brick the drive but as I said, it worked just fine when I did it.
Hello. I see that you said you were successful flashing a BP50NB40 (SVC: NB40) drive. That's what I have and I want to attempt it. It was manufactured in 2017 and has the Drive platform: MT1959. I saw on the first page of instructions it said that I "Must use Marty's asus tool to flash 8/24/19 or later only with HBD Firmware only"
I'm not sure what "flash 8/24/19 or later only with HBD" means. Could you provide some guidance?
1. Use the latest version of the modified ASUS flasher (dated 24/8/2019).
2. To make it UHD friendly, please flash the HBD (hybrid firmware.)

Please read the first post in this very thread to get a better understanding.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

hart2hart wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:39 pm
Just want to confirm.... Are ASUS BW-16D1HT that are being sold today still capable of being downgraded to 3.02? Do you have to locate and install a patched version of 3.1 (if that's what it has out of box) then downgrade to 3.02?

Thanks
Yes, they are. Just flash 3.10-MK first. Then you can flash 3.02. Both of these firmwares are included with the modified ASUS flasher in the first post of this thread.
jeremybrice

Post by jeremybrice »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:13 pm
jeremybrice wrote:
MartyMcNuts wrote:

I got it working! Thank you! And thank you for the kind response!
hart2hart

Post by hart2hart »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
hart2hart wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:39 pm

Thanks
Yes, they are. Just flash 3.10-MK first. Then you can flash 3.02. Both of these firmwares are included with the modified ASUS flasher in the first post of this thread.
Thanks. Got a couple on order.
Maverick322

Post by Maverick322 »

Sorry for the very simple question...newbie here. I think I understand the flashing part for a ASUS BW-16D1HT drive but my question is in regards to the connection of the drive to my laptop. Can I connect it via USB with a Vantec or OWC enclosure?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Maverick322 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:09 pm
Sorry for the very simple question...newbie here. I think I understand the flashing part for a ASUS BW-16D1HT drive but my question is in regards to the connection of the drive to my laptop. Can I connect it via USB with a Vantec or OWC enclosure?
I'm pretty sure your the same guy from YouTube but here https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
BurnerOfStuff

Post by BurnerOfStuff »

Hello,
I hope someone can help me. I've read thru the pages of info across the few threads and have gotten myself pretty confused. I've bought a LG WH16NS40 drive SVC50 with 1.04
I've installed the drive internally to my windows 10 pc with a sata cable.

My understanding is the 1.04 requires me to use the ASUS flasher to flash NS55 1.04 MK.
then i can flash to the proper firmware that will enable UHD and libredrive.

My questions would be, where do i find the asus flasher to install it, and where do i find the NS55 1.04 Mk file?
Once i've done that, what firmware file should i be installing?

This is my first time trying something like this and i'd hate to brick my new drive.
jkf76

Post by jkf76 »

jeremybrice wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:22 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:13 pm
jeremybrice wrote:

I got it working! Thank you! And thank you for the kind response!
Greetings,

I'm getting error #5 when I try this with my drive.

I've got the same drive as above, BP50NB40 (SVC NB40), firmware 1.00, manufacture date of Dec 2015. Drive platform shows as MT1959. When I try the process above, using the 8/24/19 Asus flasher, along with the DE_LG_BP60NB10_1.00_MK_HBD firmware, the drive tray immediately pops open, and a second later, error #5 pops up. I've searched through the boards for what error #5 is, but there seems to be very little info. If anyone knows what error #5 means, I'd love to hear it. I've seen the warning that SVC NB40 isn't guaranteed to be flashable, but I'd like to understand the difference between the NB40/NB50 SVC codes and if my issue can be corrected. I'm encouraged a couple people have managed to make it work.

For reference, this is on a Win 10 (1903) PC.

Thanks!
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

BurnerOfStuff wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:33 pm
Hello,
I hope someone can help me. I've read thru the pages of info across the few threads and have gotten myself pretty confused. I've bought a LG WH16NS40 drive SVC50 with 1.04
I've installed the drive internally to my windows 10 pc with a sata cable.

My understanding is the 1.04 requires me to use the ASUS flasher to flash NS55 1.04 MK.
then i can flash to the proper firmware that will enable UHD and libredrive.

My questions would be, where do i find the asus flasher to install it, and where do i find the NS55 1.04 Mk file?
Once i've done that, what firmware file should i be installing?

This is my first time trying something like this and i'd hate to brick my new drive.
all the relevant links to the flasher are here and most firmware too i think but i recommend you just flash that drive to WH16NS60 1.02mk and that can be found here: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=19113
it will be one step that way and you will increase your rip speed and fix the sleepbug
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com