Beware : New official 3.10 firmware for ASUS BW-16D1HT

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
metalslaw

Beware : New official 3.10 firmware for ASUS BW-16D1HT

Post by metalslaw »

There have been new firmware's pushed to the official ASUS servers for the ASUS BW-16D1HT.

Version number 3.10.
Dated 2019/03/08.

Odds are this firmware is to disable use of libredrive ripping method. Or it could also have to do with stopping the newer drive rollback firmware method (i.e. not dosflash method).

I'll leave it with you guys to figure out what's in the new firmware.

And for any newbies reading this. Do not upgrade to this latest firmware!

Cheers,
metal
mike admin

Re: Beware : New official 3.10 firmware for ASUS BW-16D1HT

Post by mike admin »

metalslaw wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:39 am
Version number 3.10.
Dated 2019/03/08.
Thanks for heads-up!
The bad news - this firmware has an additional downgrade check, it will not accept the downgrade to 3.03 or any other DE firmware.
The good news - this check can be bypassed, and a compatible MK firmware can be made.
Stay tuned and do NOT upgrade to this version.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Oh JOY you can bet LG will be on this bandwagon. Hopefully the users of this forum have learned not to willy nilly upgrade their drives, but, new drives will likely start showing up with this new round of updates.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

This turned out to be a very good firmware from ASUS (not by itself, but as a base for MK firmware). Please see viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19116#p72108
morbius

Post by morbius »

I have an Asus BW-16D1HT on factory-fitted 3.00 firmware, i.e. it is already UHD and LibreDrive friendly. It sounds like there is now a way forward for getting latest firmware without losing these key features. However, I'm a bit nervous about doing that as I don't have any issues with the drive. If there is anything about 3.10 I should really care about I'd be interested to know. I have never encountered the sleep bug, and apart from the drive being noisy when it opens UHD discs (but not when ripping), it works flawlessly.
Martin lewis

Post by Martin lewis »

Just Updated My Asus Bw-16D1HT From Firmware version DE 3.01 to 3.10 MK Available here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19113 Using Asus Modified Flasher Worked Perfect And Have Just Ripped Gladiator UHD Fine No Problems !, Thanks Mike !
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

morbius wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:20 pm
I have an Asus BW-16D1HT on factory-fitted 3.00 firmware, i.e. it is already UHD and LibreDrive friendly. It sounds like there is now a way forward for getting latest firmware without losing these key features. However, I'm a bit nervous about doing that as I don't have any issues with the drive. If there is anything about 3.10 I should really care about I'd be interested to know. I have never encountered the sleep bug, and apart from the drive being noisy when it opens UHD discs (but not when ripping), it works flawlessly.
Yes, leave it as is and enjoy!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
conrailguy

Post by conrailguy »

Its up to 3.11 today,just an fyi.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

all the more reason to keep using the old flashing method :)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Pretty sure that was a joke. LOL
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Pretty sure that was a joke. LOL
Negative. All this talk of interim firmware versions and multiple flashers is confusing the general public and having the reverse effect. Trust me I know this. I've never received more purchase orders.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Um, I meant his comment about 3.11 but sure. :)
fastedu71

Post by fastedu71 »

Hi guys, first of all this is my first time in a forum. As it is I don't know up from down left or right here. I bought this internal DVD ROM as a friend recommended it ASUS BW-16D1HT Pro, I have in the past had blue ray dvd roms and have back up my dvd and running them from the m.2 raids any where in the house. But desided to upgrade my DVD movie collection to 4k a while ago. So bought this DVD for ripping my 4k Blue rays to the m.2 raid array. But it will not. Man wish id known about this forum previously would have bought a 2nd or 2 dvd roms. The model i have was buil in january 2020. It came with firmware revision 3.10. The thing is how can i get this dvd to rip my 4k movies. Honestly i am very confused with what i have read tonite, dos and donts. Oh and please do forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I have been trying to solve this problem for a week now, question is: is it a lie that this dvd rom will rip the 4k movies? its giving me so much heart ache im seriously thinking of using it for a freezby (works fine for normal blue ray downs - bought it specifically for the 4k). if im in the wrong place please point me in the right direction if not. I hope some one can give me some help (kind of running out time). just in case my drive info (from mkv):
Drive Information
OS device name: H:
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.10
Serial number: KL6K15D5536
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 10:14
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 18

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

I have been at this now for close to 32 hours. So again please do forgive me if i am in the wrong place. kind of a little desperate.
Thank you
Ed
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

fastedu71 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:43 pm
Hi guys, first of all this is my first time in a forum. As it is I don't know up from down left or right here. I bought this internal DVD ROM as a friend recommended it ASUS BW-16D1HT Pro, I have in the past had blue ray dvd roms and have back up my dvd and running them from the m.2 raids any where in the house. But desided to upgrade my DVD movie collection to 4k a while ago. So bought this DVD for ripping my 4k Blue rays to the m.2 raid array. But it will not. Man wish id known about this forum previously would have bought a 2nd or 2 dvd roms. The model i have was buil in january 2020. It came with firmware revision 3.10. The thing is how can i get this dvd to rip my 4k movies. Honestly i am very confused with what i have read tonite, dos and donts. Oh and please do forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I have been trying to solve this problem for a week now, question is: is it a lie that this dvd rom will rip the 4k movies? its giving me so much heart ache im seriously thinking of using it for a freezby (works fine for normal blue ray downs - bought it specifically for the 4k). if im in the wrong place please point me in the right direction if not. I hope some one can give me some help (kind of running out time). just in case my drive info (from mkv):
Drive Information

LibreDrive Information

I have been at this now for close to 32 hours. So again please do forgive me if i am in the wrong place. kind of a little desperate.
Thank you
Ed
Read the pinned uhd drives guide and follow the video
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

fastedu71 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:43 pm
Drive Information

LibreDrive Information

Thank you
Ed
I assume, since you have the "PRO" model, you are in Australia? If so, and you are unsure about flashing the drive yourself, I can do it for you remotely. Please see my thread. Link is in my signature.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com