LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
hernanez
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by hernanez » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:09 am

I got one of those LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04.
All the suggestions here are a bit over my skillset. I understand the firmware is needed in order to fix the issue.
Is there a way to extract it? I've not flashed anything yet.

Billycar11
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by Billycar11 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:19 am

hernanez wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:09 am
I got one of those LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04.
All the suggestions here are a bit over my skillset. I understand the firmware is needed in order to fix the issue.
Is there a way to extract it? I've not flashed anything yet.
Flash Asus 3.10mk and then if don't want asus 3.10 then the flash firmware of your choosing I would go with WH16NS60 1.00

hernanez
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by hernanez » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:01 am

Billycar11 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:19 am
Flash Asus 3.10mk and then if don't want asus 3.10 then the flash firmware of your choosing I would go with WH16NS60 1.00
Oh, ok, thanks. I saw you wrote about that but wasn't sure if that made the drive usable or not. I guess it does?

hernanez
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by hernanez » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:18 am

That seems to work! Thanks again.
Another question though: Why go for the NS60 fw and not an NS55 one (1.02?)?
Also would this work only for MakeMKV liberdrive or other ripping softwares too?

Billycar11
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by Billycar11 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:33 am

hernanez wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:18 am
That seems to work! Thanks again.
Another question though: Why go for the NS60 fw and not an NS55 one (1.02?)?
Also would this work only for MakeMKV liberdrive or other ripping softwares too?
I recommend ns60 because it has no sleep bug and is fast

TeddyRaspin
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by TeddyRaspin » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:47 am

WH16NS60 works fine on MakeMKV, but not with other softwares (except first fw in DeUHD).

hernanez
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by hernanez » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:19 am

TeddyRaspin wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:47 am
WH16NS60 works fine on MakeMKV, but not with other softwares (except first fw in DeUHD).
I meant for normal blu-rays. The other options in the market are not nearly as good as MakeMKV. For normal blu-rays I miss the region removal option. Would love an option to do ISOs in MakeMKV too.

b4t3man
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 12:37 am

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by b4t3man » Tue May 07, 2019 1:27 am

Billycar11 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:19 am
Flash Asus 3.10mk and then if don't want asus 3.10 then the flash firmware of your choosing I would go with WH16NS60 1.00
Just made an account to say this worked like a charm! So, so appreciative of the work you, MartyMcnuts and others have done. Legends!

quentin2019
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 13, 2019 3:10 am

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by quentin2019 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:16 am

Also followed this method with my LG BH16NS55 drive, purchased May 2019 with the 1.04 firmware on there.

Attempted using other methods - met with WRITE NG 2019/12/00 errors / Update Failure #4 errors.

THESE STEPS WORK:

Using the ASUS ODD FIRMWARE TOOL:
  • Flash with Asus v3.10 MK firmware (dont worry about it not matching the drive model code, it will work) THEN
    Flash with WH16NS60 v1.00 firmware (as it's nice and fast).
Can confirm that the drive now reads UHD discs.

Grillo
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 10:19 am

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by Grillo » Fri May 17, 2019 10:23 am

quentin2019 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:16 am
Also followed this method with my LG BH16NS55 drive, purchased May 2019 with the 1.04 firmware on there.

Attempted using other methods - met with WRITE NG 2019/12/00 errors / Update Failure #4 errors.

THESE STEPS WORK:

Using the ASUS ODD FIRMWARE TOOL:
  • Flash with Asus v3.10 MK firmware (dont worry about it not matching the drive model code, it will work) THEN
    Flash with WH16NS60 v1.00 firmware (as it's nice and fast).
Can confirm that the drive now reads UHD discs.
Flashing with MK WH16NS60 v1.00 firmware or DE WH16NS60 v1.00 firmware at the last step? Can someone else confirm this way?

SamuriHL
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by SamuriHL » Fri May 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Depends on what your goal is. That firmware works quite well so if you're just wanting MakeMKV LibreDrive support with no sleep bug or any other issue, then sure. But even the ASUS MK 3.10 is extremely good so you can stop there if you'd like.

Grillo
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 10:19 am

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by Grillo » Tue May 21, 2019 4:25 pm

I've found the mk firmware 1.01 for WH16NS60. Where can I find the MK release of the v.1.00 or is the v.1.01 as good as well ?

Billycar11
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: LG BH16NS55 Firmware 1.04 (and possibly other new drives)

Post by Billycar11 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Grillo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:25 pm
I've found the mk firmware 1.01 for WH16NS60. Where can I find the MK release of the v.1.00 or is the v.1.01 as good as well ?
1.00 is hear https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 873#p70284

Post Reply