Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Post Reply
chrispopp8
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 1:29 am

Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by chrispopp8 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 pm

First time ripping a 4k disk and got the following:

(It started with)

MakeMKV v1.14.3 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Saved SD dump file as C:\Users\chris/.MakeMKV/dump_SD_D677946F4A188B2590BF.tgz
Please send the file "C:\Users\chris/.MakeMKV/dump_SD_D677946F4A188B2590BF.tgz" to support@makemkv.com
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'


(Cropped for brevity)

Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\chris/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v61_Fifth_Element_CBBF.tgz
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Failed to open disc

I did downgrade the firmware and still have the issue. I don't have another 4k disc to try. Blu-Ray discs work just fine.

I sent the dump file to support like I am supposed to, but have not heard back. So I thought I would post here.

Thanks,
Chris

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by MartyMcNuts » Wed May 15, 2019 12:53 am

chrispopp8 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 pm
First time ripping a 4k disk and got the following:

(It started with)

MakeMKV v1.14.3 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Saved SD dump file as C:\Users\chris/.MakeMKV/dump_SD_D677946F4A188B2590BF.tgz
Please send the file "C:\Users\chris/.MakeMKV/dump_SD_D677946F4A188B2590BF.tgz" to support@makemkv.com
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'


(Cropped for brevity)

Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\chris/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v61_Fifth_Element_CBBF.tgz
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Failed to open disc

I did downgrade the firmware and still have the issue. I don't have another 4k disc to try. Blu-Ray discs work just fine.

I sent the dump file to support like I am supposed to, but have not heard back. So I thought I would post here.

Thanks,
Chris
Either the Volume Key for that disc is not yet available or you have not enabled "Allow MakeMKV to contact server for updates" in the settings.

Please check that this setting is enabled. If it was not enabled, enable it and try your disc again. If you get the same error again, please send in your dump.

Cheers.

chrispopp8
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 1:29 am

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by chrispopp8 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:35 am

"Allow MakeMKV to contact server for updates" is checked.

Attached dump file
Attachments
dump_SD_7FCC5440F10700D9E6C5.tgz
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 47 times

Billycar11
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by Billycar11 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:24 am

chrispopp8 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 pm
First time ripping a 4k disk and got the following:

(It started with)

MakeMKV v1.14.3 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Saved SD dump file as C:\Users\chris/.MakeMKV/dump_SD_D677946F4A188B2590BF.tgz
Please send the file "C:\Users\chris/.MakeMKV/dump_SD_D677946F4A188B2590BF.tgz" to support@makemkv.com
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'


(Cropped for brevity)

Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\chris/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v61_Fifth_Element_CBBF.tgz
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
Failed to open disc

I did downgrade the firmware and still have the issue. I don't have another 4k disc to try. Blu-Ray discs work just fine.

I sent the dump file to support like I am supposed to, but have not heard back. So I thought I would post here.

Thanks,
Chris
you dont have libre drive enabled send a screenshot of the main info page on makemkv it not downloading the sdfs or something or you didnt downgrade

Woodstock
Posts: 6342
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by Woodstock » Wed May 15, 2019 1:06 pm

chrispopp8 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:35 am
Attached dump file
Dump files need to be emailed to svq@makemkv.com if you want Mike to do something with them.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

chrispopp8
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 1:29 am

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by chrispopp8 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Just sent the file to svq@makemkv.com

This is what my MakeMKV looks like.

Image

jonghotti
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by jonghotti » Fri May 17, 2019 11:48 pm

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:24 am
you dont have libre drive enabled send a screenshot of the main info page on makemkv it not downloading the sdfs or something or you didnt downgrade
How do you enable/disable libre drive?

On that note, I keep reading postings which to me sound like having libre drive firmware installed is a requirement to using MakeMKV? Is that true?

Billycar11
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by Billycar11 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 am

jonghotti wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:48 pm
How do you enable/disable libre drive?

On that note, I keep reading postings which to me sound like having libre drive firmware installed is a requirement to using MakeMKV? Is that true?
to disable libre drive delete privatedata.tar or just the sdfs inside it so you keep the hashed keys. then disable allow contacting web server for updates and libredrive will be disabled.

to enable libredrive just enable allow contacting web server for updates and when opening the next bluray it will download the sdf

chrispopp8
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 1:29 am

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by chrispopp8 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:21 pm

Just wondering how long it can take to get a hashed key... I sent in the dump file and have not heard anything.

SamuriHL
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by SamuriHL » Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 pm

What do you mean by "heard anything"? It will just show up in the downloaded hashed keys at some point when it's supported. You won't get any notification so you just need to keep trying the disc and allowing MakeMKV to download from the update server.

Billycar11
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by Billycar11 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 am

chrispopp8 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:21 pm
Just wondering how long it can take to get a hashed key... I sent in the dump file and have not heard anything.
in the screenshot you shared you dont have libredrive UHD official drives do not work at all in makemkv without libredrive unlike uhd friendly drives.
i think the problem is on your end look at my above post and try to enable libredrive
no amount of you submitting dumps is going to make this disk work with your dive and makemkv in its current state
make sure makemkv is allowed through your firewall i have seen some vpns cause it to not be able to download sdfs too
there is also a website link to download the sdf i have seen somewhere i will look for it and update if i find it

Billycar11
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by Billycar11 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:02 am

chrispopp8 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:21 pm
Just wondering how long it can take to get a hashed key... I sent in the dump file and have not heard anything.
http://www.makemkv.com/svq/sdf.bin

found it you will probably also need the hashed keys
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=16959

not as up to date as the ota version but it will work if it has your movie in there

chrispopp8
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 1:29 am

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by chrispopp8 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:07 am

So I...

* deleted _private_data.tar
* unchecked "Allow contacting server for updates"
* grabbed the sdf.bin file and placed it in the makemkv folder where the _private_data.tar file was
* grabbed the keys_hashed.txt file and saved it in the makemkv folder where the _private_data.tar file was. Renamed it to KEYDB.cfg

and I still get the same result. The _private_data.tar file came back.

When I went into the _private_data.tar file, I didn't see any files with a sdf file in it Should I put the sbf.bin file I downloaded into that tar?

Sorry if I am coming across dense with this but I'm new to working with MakeMKV this way and haven't really seen a clear tutorial on what to do - I've been trying to find info via searches here in the forums.

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: Problem with The Fifth Element 4K and LG BU40N

Post by MartyMcNuts » Wed May 22, 2019 7:20 am

chrispopp8 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:07 am
So I...

* deleted _private_data.tar
* unchecked "Allow contacting server for updates"
* grabbed the sdf.bin file and placed it in the makemkv folder where the _private_data.tar file was
* grabbed the keys_hashed.txt file and saved it in the makemkv folder where the _private_data.tar file was. Renamed it to KEYDB.cfg

and I still get the same result. The _private_data.tar file came back.

When I went into the _private_data.tar file, I didn't see any files with a sdf file in it Should I put the sbf.bin file I downloaded into that tar?

Sorry if I am coming across dense with this but I'm new to working with MakeMKV this way and haven't really seen a clear tutorial on what to do - I've been trying to find info via searches here in the forums.
If you put a standard blu-ray disc in the drive and open MakeMKV, does it not enable LibreDrive?

Post Reply