Spider-man Far From Home and ASUS BW-16D1HT

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Coopervid

Re: Spider-man Far From Home and ASUS BW-16D1HT

Post by Coopervid »

I would rather try a cleaning CD-ROM with small brushes first before I try these options. Far less work and much more convenient. CD-ROM for the following reason: All lasers / lenses are co-positioned -reads are very close to each other. The least critical discs are CD-ROMs because of much larger structure and less susceptive to pollution therefore.
Try a cleaning disc e.g. 10x and the result should be the same if pollution of the lens is really the root cause.
mpnguyen88

Re: Spider-man Far From Home and ASUS BW-16D1HT

Post by mpnguyen88 »

Created an account just to resurrect this thread and report a success.

I have a brand new 2019 LG WH16NS40 (flashed to NS60 1.00) and Windows 10. I was able to rip a majority of my 4K titles, though had issues in particular with Interstellar, John Wick, and Blade Runner 2049. When inserted, each of those discs would spin up, then make rhythmic, loud seeking noises as though the drive were trying to read the same section over and over. Eventually Windows would give up trying to read the drive and the disc would spin down. I did A LOT of googling. I tried reflashing, rebooting, and disc cleaning to no avail.

After finding this thread, I took apart this drive by following the instructions posted in this comment: posting.php?mode=reply&f=16&t=20569#pr81085. There appeared to be two tiny lenses next to each other, and I cleaned both with a q-tip soaked with rubbing alcohol. Upon reassembly, I tried ripping Interstellar again and this time, Windows had no issues loading the disc and I was able to complete the extraction.

Thanks to everyone in the thread for the information that saved me from having to buy and return movies over and over. :)