Looking for advice - LG WH14NS40

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
StealMySoda

Looking for advice - LG WH14NS40

Post by StealMySoda »

Hey,

I recently purchased a "pre-flashed" LG WH14NS40. After my first few successful rips, I purchase the Dark Knight Trilogy and (naturally) ripped The Dark Knight, then The Dark Knight Rises successfully. I popped in the disk for Batman Begins, but put it down to "sleep bug" when I couldn't get it to launch in MakeMKV and decided to leave it for the day. Yesterday, I inserted another disc - and I was greeted by a 'No Disc'. Tried another, same result. Tried a standard BR and got the same. Numerous reboots and I'm still getting the same.

I'm waiting to hear from the seller - hopefully with some goods news/advice, however I'm eager to carry on. I don't want to start playing with firmware and from what I've read, as the OS isn't seeing anything inserted into the disk drive - it's unlikely to be firmware related.

Can anybody offer any advise on any non-invasive troubleshooting - as in all likelihood it will end up getting returned to the seller or RMA'd.

Thanks it advance. Drive details are below:
Drive Information
OS device name: Z:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH14NS40
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: xxxxxxxxx
Firmware date: 2115-12-11 15:03
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 72

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.02
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Possible, not yet enabled
Coopervid

Re: Looking for advice - LG WH14NS40

Post by Coopervid »

Looks like a rip-off. You should return this drive. The firmware date is 2015 which might be too old to support UHD. The firmware is unpatched but you said it should be. All that smells really bad.