Is the Buffalo BRXL-PT6U2V flashable?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
AddisAbaba

Is the Buffalo BRXL-PT6U2V flashable?

Post by AddisAbaba »

Hello everybody!
Getting a bit lost so if someone could make things clear for me : )

I just got offered a portable drive, a Buffalo BRXL-PT6U2V (on the box it's referenced BRXL-PT6U2VB).
From the page viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634 only the Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK seems flashable.

Does anyone knows if this BRXL-PT6U2V can be flashed anyway? And with which firmware?

For what I understand, those drives are often just rebadged. Could it be that this Buffalo is actually a LG BU40N and if so, may I safely flash this drive with the LG BU40N process?

Thanks for any advice.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Is the Buffalo BRXL-PT6U2V flashable?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

AddisAbaba wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:12 am
Hello everybody!
Getting a bit lost so if someone could make things clear for me : )

I just got offered a portable drive, a Buffalo BRXL-PT6U2V (on the box it's referenced BRXL-PT6U2VB).
From the page viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634 only the Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK seems flashable.

Does anyone knows if this BRXL-PT6U2V can be flashed anyway? And with which firmware?

For what I understand, those drives are often just rebadged. Could it be that this Buffalo is actually a LG BU40N and if so, may I safely flash this drive with the LG BU40N process?

Thanks for any advice.
The search function still works!!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19175&hilit=BRXL+P ... =15#p73623
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

The Buffalo slim blu ray drive IS flashable and contains an LG BU40N (no logo) UHD Official drive.

You may also purchase a pre-flashed unit from any of us (me and Billy-USA and worldwide, Bluntman-Canada, MartyMcNuts-Australia/New Zealand).

It's a great little drive, max 4K disc speed is 6.0X and the drive will hit max speed and stay pegged every time!

To be honest the full sized drives aren't really THAT much faster when you compare and see that the 8.0X max drives will hit top speed but only for a few seconds and then slow back to low 7s - high 6s sustained for a good portion of the rip.

My contact info is below and trust that if you're from an area I don't serve I will connect you with the sales rep who does, thank you!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
AddisAbaba

Post by AddisAbaba »

jonghotti wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:58 am
The Buffalo slim blu ray drive IS flashable and contains an LG BU40N (no logo) UHD Official drive.

You may also purchase a pre-flashed unit from any of us (me and Billy-USA and worldwide, Bluntman-Canada, MartyMcNuts-Australia/New Zealand).

It's a great little drive, max 4K disc speed is 6.0X and the drive will hit max speed and stay pegged every time!

To be honest the full sized drives aren't really THAT much faster when you compare and see that the 8.0X max drives will hit top speed but only for a few seconds and then slow back to low 7s - high 6s sustained for a good portion of the rip.

My contact info is below and trust that if you're from an area I don't serve I will connect you with the sales rep who does, thank you!
Thank you Jonghotti for taking time to make things clear. It's easy to get confused with all the different drives/references discussed everywhere.
Maybe my english was not very understandable but I already got this Buffalo drive as a gift, without knowing if it was a LG inside.
But I keep your contact for future if I need or someone around needs a pre-flashed drive!
Thank you again!
Jhgar

Post by Jhgar »

I have an ASUS Vivobook X412DAP_F14DA and a Buffalo BRXL-PT6U2V. I am getting HDCP errors every time I try to play a Blu-ray with powerDVD. I Do not have these issues with VLC. Is there some way to clear these errors?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Asking on a "PowerDVD" forum would be far more appropriate. This forum has no relation with that company.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging