New LG WH16NS60

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Post Reply
tmelo35
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:51 pm

New LG WH16NS60

Post by tmelo35 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:06 pm

Hello everyone,
New to this site and looking for some help. I just recently bought the LG WH16NS60 with fw 1.02 and would like to downgrade it to fw 1.00 to be able to backup UHD discs. I am not familiar at this but I would appreciate if someone could please tell me how to do it step by step and what necessary software I would need. I also need the WH16NS60 to be able not to just back discs after the downgrade but also still be able to burn discs. I have Windows 64 bit (MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC motherboard) and don't know if I need an external enclosure to do this. This is probably asking for too much but it would be much appreciated. Thanks to all of you in advance.

tmelo35

Billycar11
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: New LG WH16NS60

Post by Billycar11 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:49 am

tmelo35 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:06 pm
Hello everyone,
New to this site and looking for some help. I just recently bought the LG WH16NS60 with fw 1.02 and would like to downgrade it to fw 1.00 to be able to backup UHD discs. I am not familiar at this but I would appreciate if someone could please tell me how to do it step by step and what necessary software I would need. I also need the WH16NS60 to be able not to just back discs after the downgrade but also still be able to burn discs. I have Windows 64 bit (MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC motherboard) and don't know if I need an external enclosure to do this. This is probably asking for too much but it would be much appreciated. Thanks to all of you in advance.

tmelo35
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634

short version flash WH16NS60 1.02MK and be done with it

tmelo35
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Re: New LG WH16NS60

Post by tmelo35 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:05 pm

Thank you for the quick reply, Billycar11.
I clicked the link you provided but can't find short version flash WH16NS60 1.02MK.
I have downloaded the both Asus and LG firmware flashers and the fw v1.00 for the WH16NS60.
Do I just put the drive in a compatible external enclosure and just update the firmware from 1.02 to 1.00 using one of the flashers?
Sorry for so many questions, I'm just new to this and don't want to mess up.

Thanks again,


tmelo35

Billycar11
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: New LG WH16NS60

Post by Billycar11 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:30 pm

tmelo35 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:05 pm
Thank you for the quick reply, Billycar11.
I clicked the link you provided but can't find short version flash WH16NS60 1.02MK.
I have downloaded the both Asus and LG firmware flashers and the fw v1.00 for the WH16NS60.
Do I just put the drive in a compatible external enclosure and just update the firmware from 1.02 to 1.00 using one of the flashers?
Sorry for so many questions, I'm just new to this and don't want to mess up.

Thanks again,


tmelo35
I think you should email me for a remote flash billycar5924@gmail.com

tragic bleak
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: New LG WH16NS60

Post by tragic bleak » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:45 am

tmelo35 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:05 pm
Thank you for the quick reply, Billycar11.
I clicked the link you provided but can't find short version flash WH16NS60 1.02MK.
I have downloaded the both Asus and LG firmware flashers and the fw v1.00 for the WH16NS60.
Do I just put the drive in a compatible external enclosure and just update the firmware from 1.02 to 1.00 using one of the flashers?
Sorry for so many questions, I'm just new to this and don't want to mess up.

Thanks again,
tmelo35
You should have no problem following my very detailed step-by-step instructions for this drive at viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19928

tmelo35
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Re: New LG WH16NS60

Post by tmelo35 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:27 am

Thanks a million, tragic bleak.
I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly.
I ripped a 4k disc with no problems so far.
I'm just curious, I use DVDFab a lot and it requires firmware 1.00, is it possible to downgrade using the same steps and will it still work the same?
Once again, thanks for your help,

tmelo35

Billycar11
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: New LG WH16NS60

Post by Billycar11 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:52 pm

tmelo35 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:27 am
Thanks a million, tragic bleak.
I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly.
I ripped a 4k disc with no problems so far.
I'm just curious, I use DVDFab a lot and it requires firmware 1.00, is it possible to downgrade using the same steps and will it still work the same?
Once again, thanks for your help,

tmelo35
Yes you can go to 1.00 after

tmelo35
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Re: New LG WH16NS60

Post by tmelo35 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Thanks, Billycar11.

Is this the correct one?: DE_LG WH16NS60_1.00.bin

Post Reply