SDFtool Flasher

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Tsavo

Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by Tsavo »

melkore wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:06 am
When trying to update my drive for the first time I am getting the error in the attached file. I can dump the firmware. I've tried with and without enc enabled.
I had to come here and mention I got the same error, but once I closed my drive bay it worked (a.k.a. my disc drive was open). Once I closed it, I chose the same WH16NS60 1.02 firmware, and it was successful. I think I still checked the ENC? box too.

Thanks to everyone who worked on these tools (firmware and SDFlasher). I'm back in business with MakeMKV...
Regards,
T
SpaghettiMonster

Post by SpaghettiMonster »

Hello,

I just got an Asus BW-16D1HT and flashed it with this tool and the 3.10 firmware from the libre drive thread. I can indeed rip 4k Blu rays now, but when I start my PC the motherboard seems to mess up. One of the motherboard died and on another one the mobo will not start until I unplug the drive and I have to factory reset the mobo. Did I do something wrong with the firmware? Or something else? Thanks in advance
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SpaghettiMonster wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:33 am
Hello,

I just got an Asus BW-16D1HT and flashed it with this tool and the 3.10 firmware from the libre drive thread. I can indeed rip 4k Blu rays now, but when I start my PC the motherboard seems to mess up. One of the motherboard died and on another one the mobo will not start until I unplug the drive and I have to factory reset the mobo. Did I do something wrong with the firmware? Or something else? Thanks in advance
I seriously doubt you did anything wrong flashing the drive. Really, it either successfully flashes or it doesn't.

It sounds like you have some other system problems, though. You might have to do some troubleshooting by stripping your pc and just starting with CPU and 1 x stick of ram. If it starts no problem, add another stick of ram (if you have one). Once all ram is installed and pc starts no problem, add hard drive. If it starts no problem, add GPU (if you have one). If it starts no problem and all components have been added, plug in the drive and try again.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
0xdeadbeef

Post by 0xdeadbeef »

I just tried to flash a brand new BH16NS55 (built 5/2020 with firmware 1.04). The only "MK" firmware available in the last firmware pack was "HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS55-1.05-NM00400-212004211049.bin", so I used this. While the flashing seems to have worked, I also got that "command produced error code 0x8f...." message box at the end as described at page three of the thread. The reply there was that the same firmware revision should have been used, but there is no MK version 1.04.
So can I ignore this warning or have I wrecked my brand new drive?

Besides, the main thread suggests to cross-flash the BH16NS55 to WH16NS60 1.02MK. Is this still recommended or is it better/safer to stay with 1,05 (or 1.04 if I should find an "MK" version of this)?
gatecrasher

Post by gatecrasher »

I am seeing my drive has

G: HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_BU50N_GE03_211801221436_KFZI5ME4335

and trying to write the only BU50N BIN file I can find

HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BU50N-1.00-NM00100-211711211006.bin

but I am getting an error 0x8f056103

I assume I need a matching firmware. So I exported it.

What Do I do now? All a bit confusing!

Edit: I had a disk in the drive!! Worked after I took it out!
Last edited by gatecrasher on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

0xdeadbeef wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:45 pm
I just tried to flash a brand new BH16NS55 (built 5/2020 with firmware 1.04). The only "MK" firmware available in the last firmware pack was "HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS55-1.05-NM00400-212004211049.bin", so I used this. While the flashing seems to have worked, I also got that "command produced error code 0x8f...." message box at the end as described at page three of the thread. The reply there was that the same firmware revision should have been used, but there is no MK version 1.04.
So can I ignore this warning or have I wrecked my brand new drive?

Besides, the main thread suggests to cross-flash the BH16NS55 to WH16NS60 1.02MK. Is this still recommended or is it better/safer to stay with 1,05 (or 1.04 if I should find an "MK" version of this)?
If you got an error,I'd say the flash didn't work. Is your drive still on 1.04??

Both BH16NS55 1.04 MK and WH16NS60 1.02 MK are located in the "old" folder of the MK pack. Yes, it is still recommended to flash to NS60 1.02-MK. This is what firmware I put on them. You can flash directly from stock NS55 1.04 to NS60 1.02-MK.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
0xdeadbeef

Post by 0xdeadbeef »

As I said, the flashing worked, i.e. 1.05 was reported with "LibreDriv enabled" etc. At some point after I posted, I also detected the "old" folder and flashed the 1.04 MK with no error message. When I then flashed the 1.05, it also didn't yield the error message. So I guess the original error message didn't really show an error.
Side note: with whichever firmware I tried, the original 1.04 or the MK 1.05, trying to read the firmware just resulted in the same identical 71KB TAR. I figure this is just the user data but was surprised that this also happens with the "liberated" firmware.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

26/09/2020:
I have made a couple of minor code adjustments. Also, the "RECOVER Drive" option feature is now available. I have used it to recover a BH16NS55 that was flashed with BU40N firmware.

The latest version is 1.2.0. See original post for the download.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:21 am
Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
8) :wink:
rayians

Post by rayians »

I am attempting to flash an LG WH16NS40 with 1.05 using the SDFtool flasher. When I run the .exe I get the following error:
error.png
error.png (22.57 KiB) Viewed 94706 times
If I hit continue, the flasher will open, but it will not recognize any drives. I have the LG hooked up via an external USB enclosure and have the latest .net framework. Any help would be very much appreciated!
duss909

Post by duss909 »

Thanks for creating this easy-to-use flashing tool, MartyMcNuts.

Sim sala bim - and my Asus BW-16D1HT has changed firmware.

You have - for what it's worth - forever my utmost gratitude.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

rayians wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:51 pm
I am attempting to flash an LG WH16NS40 with 1.05 using the SDFtool flasher. When I run the .exe I get the following error:

error.png

If I hit continue, the flasher will open, but it will not recognize any drives. I have the LG hooked up via an external USB enclosure and have the latest .net framework. Any help would be very much appreciated!
Do you have MakeMKV installed?
Do you have .net Framework 4.7.2 installed?
rayians

Post by rayians »

Very strange situation with my PC. I checked the .NET framework version using the cmd prompt and it shows up as 4.0.0. I tried to install 4.7.2 and it would not allow me to because it says I have 4.7.2 or later already installed.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

rayians wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:31 pm
Very strange situation with my PC. I checked the .NET framework version using the cmd prompt and it shows up as 4.0.0. I tried to install 4.7.2 and it would not allow me to because it says I have 4.7.2 or later already installed.
Not sure what to say here.....

You could try using the modified ASUS flasher, as long as your drive does not have an encrypted firmware on it.