Pioneer BDR-UD03B doubts

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
ernnnn

Pioneer BDR-UD03B doubts

Post by ernnnn »

Hi!

I have a Pioneer BDR-UD03B unit, and I plan to burn UHD movie discs on it. I already have the folders on my computer, so no ripping necessary. Is it possible to do it using IMGBURN and BD-R XL 100GB discs? (https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/produc ... FRJN5&th=1) Do I need to purchase a different unit for it?

Best regards and thanks in advance!
Last edited by ernnnn on Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: Pioneer BDR-UD03B doubts

Post by Woodstock »

If the drive had Pioneer hardware in it, there is no current way to rip UHD disks with it; it will only work with official UHD playback software.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ernnnn

Post by ernnnn »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 pm
If the drive had Pioneer hardware in it, there is no current way to rip UHD disks with it; it will only work with official UHD playback software.
I don't plan on ripping UHD discs, but only burning them (I already have them as folders in my computer) into blank BD-R XL 100Gb discs, to play them afterwards on a UHD blu-ray player. Is it possible then?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

UHD disks use BD-XL physical format, but BD-XL disks aren't necessarily UHD.

Pioneer drives are considered by many to be the best drives for WRITING, so that part is covered. But they'll also enforce the UHD encryption and read restrictions, so you would need a different drive to read the source.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ernnnn

Post by ernnnn »

Woodstock wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:54 pm

Pioneer drives are considered by many to be the best drives for WRITING, so that part is covered. But they'll also enforce the UHD encryption and read restrictions, so you would need a different drive to read the source.
So I would burn them into a blank BD-R XL 100Gb disc, but when burnt, I would have to test them on my TV's UHD player, isn't it? If so, sound good to me, as it is exactly what I wanted to do.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

ernnnn wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:36 pm
Woodstock wrote:

So I would burn them into a blank BD-R XL 100Gb disc, but when burnt, I would have to test them on my TV's UHD player, isn't it? If so, sound good to me, as it is exactly what I wanted to do.
Why write to discs?? That's so 2005.... HDD storage is the usual method these days as it's so much cheaper now.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
ernnnn

Post by ernnnn »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:04 pm
ernnnn wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:36 pm
Woodstock wrote:

Why write to discs?? That's so 2005.... HDD storage is the usual method these days as it's so much cheaper now.
Because I like having them on a shelf, with a self-made cover and a Ultra-HD package. That's my hobby, customizing Blu-ray and Ultra-HD discs. By the way, is it possible burning the folders directly to the disc and playing them on a TV player then?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

ernnnn wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:21 am

Because I like having them on a shelf, with a self-made cover and a Ultra-HD package. That's my hobby, customizing Blu-ray and Ultra-HD discs. By the way, is it possible burning the folders directly to the disc and playing them on a TV player then?
anticipate problems with official disc players. with the aacs removed the player will do the java playlist selection wrong and you be watching an out of order move or a warning about not stealing movies or sometimes even unpleasantly loud sounds.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
ernnnn

Post by ernnnn »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:16 am
ernnnn wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:21 am

anticipate problems with official disc players. with the aacs removed the player will do the java playlist selection wrong and you be watching an out of order move or a warning about not stealing movies or sometimes even unpleasantly loud sounds.
Really?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

ernnnn wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:34 pm

Really?
Yes this is exactly the thing the movie studios work to stop making disc based copy's to play in official players
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com