Trying to figure out if my Asus BW-16D1HT is dead or not?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
michaelgll854

Trying to figure out if my Asus BW-16D1HT is dead or not?

Post by michaelgll854 »

So recently I decided to stop using a external usb drive for all my rips and built a dedicated ripping pc, I only had 1 drive and bought 2 more of the same kind and have flashed all 3 with LG WH16NS60 1.03 MK firmware to get rid of the UHD sleep bug. And before this i was testing out ripping some blurays on my original drive with different firmwares to see if i notice any differences between them. Now i was trying to Rip some blurays on all 3 drives and they all worked and started ripping but my oldest drive suddenly stopped and started making a seeking / grinding sounds kinda similar to the sleep bug and then got "Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:LOGICAL UNIT HAS NOT SELF-CONFIGURED YET" and a few "Input/Output" errors before i canceled the rip and decided to try again and then the same thing happened again but much sooner than the first time. Now i took that disc and put it in one of my newer drives and so far its going fine. Im wondering if my original drive is just dead? Ive had it for around 2 years at this point. (Also when i was testing different firmwares on it at one point i put in a UHD disc i was using to test and it wouldn't even spin and just say no disc inserted until i tried reflashing it. Also yes after each flash i did do a full shutdown and reboot)
asmcom

Re: Trying to figure out if my Asus BW-16D1HT is dead or not?

Post by asmcom »

Try this drive on it's own, without the other 2 drives.

See what results you get?

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
michaelgll854

Post by michaelgll854 »

Already tried that unfortunately. Same results really, sometimes it seems to work okay then either it suddenly stops in the middle of a rip and then doesn't read any discs until a reboot. Or after a successful rip it suddenly wont read any discs and just says no disc inserted without even spinning up.
michaelgll854

Post by michaelgll854 »

well i got a new drive, flashed it and now its ripping fine even with all 3 going at once. Rip old drive!