Help! I just flashed my 16D1HT with 3.10 firmware according to the tutorial, but it doesn't work now!

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Umino

Help! I just flashed my 16D1HT with 3.10 firmware according to the tutorial, but it doesn't work now!

Post by Umino »

The specific performance is: Although the computer can indeed recognize the optical drive, it can also control its opening and closing. But when I put in a disc, the drive doesn't seem to respond, and the computer still prompts me "Please insert a disc"

I made a backup before flashing the firmware. After the problem occurred, I also tried to flash back the previous firmware, but I tried various methods and finally failed to flash back. The command line reported an error: 0x82052400
MartyMcNuts

Re: Help! I just flashed my 16D1HT with 3.10 firmware according to the tutorial, but it doesn't work now!

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Umino wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:07 am
The specific performance is: Although the computer can indeed recognize the optical drive, it can also control its opening and closing. But when I put in a disc, the drive doesn't seem to respond, and the computer still prompts me "Please insert a disc"

I made a backup before flashing the firmware. After the problem occurred, I also tried to flash back the previous firmware, but I tried various methods and finally failed to flash back. The command line reported an error: 0x82052400
That's because your drive is too old and should never have been flashed!! Only the versions that have version 3.XX firmware are able to be flashed. Yours has v1.XX. May as well toss it in the bin and buy a new drive.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Umino

Re: Help! I just flashed my 16D1HT with 3.10 firmware according to the tutorial, but it doesn't work now!

Post by Umino »

Now I do, but I still don't want to give up hope because I backed up the 1. xx firmware for this old guy, Can I save it with a device like a programmer?
:( :( :(