Purchasing a UHD Drive from US to use in the UK (compatability)

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
dma_records

Purchasing a UHD Drive from US to use in the UK (compatability)

Post by dma_records »

Hi Folks,

I am following the tutorials on Youtube, but it seems that they are recommending UHD drives that I can only purchase from the US for delivery here in the UK.

My question is: Will I have issues with the drives purchased in the US being region specific? I know that 4K UHD discs are not region specific, but I will still want to rip normal Blu-rays and DVDs purchased here in the UK.

Is there anyone else on this forum that has any recommendations on drives available in the UK for using MakeMKV with? I am only seeing US based stuff so far.

If anyone has any info, id really appreciate it!

Thanks, and all the best,
Dan
kaelef

Re: Purchasing a UHD Drive from US to use in the UK (compatability)

Post by kaelef »

I've never had a problem ripping DVDs or Blu-rays from other regions here in the US on my US drives. I don't think you'll have a problem.
Coopervid

Re: Purchasing a UHD Drive from US to use in the UK (compatability)

Post by Coopervid »

dma_records wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:59 pm
Hi Folks,

I am following the tutorials on Youtube, but it seems that they are recommending UHD drives that I can only purchase from the US for delivery here in the UK.

My question is: Will I have issues with the drives purchased in the US being region specific? I know that 4K UHD discs are not region specific, but I will still want to rip normal Blu-rays and DVDs purchased here in the UK.

Is there anyone else on this forum that has any recommendations on drives available in the UK for using MakeMKV with? I am only seeing US based stuff so far.

If anyone has any info, id really appreciate it!

Thanks, and all the best,
Dan
Asmcom does a marvelous job:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387