MY THANKS and some questions

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
truemaster

MY THANKS and some questions

Post by truemaster »

first of all thanks. there are very usefull informations and utilities here
now to my question i have a bh16ns55 and crossflash it to wh16ns58 1.v5 libre fw but i would like for burning purposes the latest vinpower firmware that i think is 1.v8 do anyone have it? cause vinpower pull out the fw updates
Woodstock

Re: MY THANKS and some questions

Post by Woodstock »

You will have trouble finding the correct version if you're looking for "1.v8", since that's not how the firmware is labeled for versions.

There is also a LARGE thread here at the top of the forum, "Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023", that has all the valid firmware for recent drives linked to it, so there is no need to start a separate one.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
truemaster

Post by truemaster »

so no way to get 1.v8 or 1.v9? is the latest in all you need firmware whitch is 1.v5 good enough for burning?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

None of the firmware I'm aware of has it's version number formatted as "1.v8" or "1.v9". The linked topic lists what's available.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

truemaster wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:42 pm
so no way to get 1.v8 or 1.v9? is the latest in all you need firmware whitch is 1.v5 good enough for burning?
WH16NS58 V1.5 MK from the firmware pack works with Vinpower's VPTools to make quality checks on discs. It should also work for burning. It does for me. The MK firmware can also read UHDs. You should be good flashing that firmware.
truemaster

Post by truemaster »

thanks for your help guys. sure 1.v5 is fine for riping uhd and reading-burning all media. the reason that i need the latest original is because propably (im not sure) burning strategies could be improved and result in better burned disk. but that is something i think. propably the only diference is just stupid securities
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

I don't think so. LG burners are in general lousy burners for multi-layer discs. Pioneers work much better and if you burn multi-layer dsics you should use spare areas. See tutorial:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/the-lon ... -tl.86133/