Bad drive or Bad Flash?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
supawiz6991

Bad drive or Bad Flash?

Post by supawiz6991 »

Hi All,
I recently replaced my failed WH16NS40 with another of the same model. I flashed it to 1.02 and while it does the initial disc read and shows me the track listing, regardless of what type of media I put in (UHD, Bluray, DVD, Kraft Singles) it fails ripping.

I get numerous "The source file --- is corrupt or invalid atg offset xxx, attempting work around", "Hash check failed for file ----, at offset xxx, file is corrupt." with a final error of "Too many hash check errors in file ---, Failed to save file".

Those same discs work fine in my WH14NS40 drive.

Is this a case of the LG duds or could there be a firmware problem? I did reflash 1.02 but that didn't help. I don't have a copy of the stock firmware (forget to my a backup like an idiot) to revert back to.
Billycar11

Re: Bad drive or Bad Flash?

Post by Billycar11 »

Nah probably bad drive return it and get a pioneer they are way better see below I have ones with old fw.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
supawiz6991

Post by supawiz6991 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:36 pm
Nah probably bad drive return it and get a pioneer they are way better see below I have ones with old fw.

I've considered getting a pioneer drive before...the price was just a little too high for my budget. For now, The return window is still open on this drive so for now I'll make Amazon replace it BUT I will start putting money aside for one of the pioneer drives so I can eventually move away from LG.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

supawiz6991 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:28 pm
Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:36 pm

I've considered getting a pioneer drive before...the price was just a little too high for my budget. For now, The return window is still open on this drive so for now I'll make Amazon replace it BUT I will start putting money aside for one of the pioneer drives so I can eventually move away from LG.
Check PM.