LG BP50NB40 not opening movie

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Issac

LG BP50NB40 not opening movie

Post by Issac »

I just got this LG BP50NB40 drive and a copy of Spider man: Across the Spider Verse that I want to rip, at this point actually open. The first thing I wanted to do was try and watch the movie through windows itself to see if its working. But every time I did try file explorer wouldn't open it and says that there isn't a disk in the drive even though there is. (this was before I flashed the firmware). I then ignored it and thought it was just a Windows 11 issue considering the fact that my computer sees the drive so I thought it just had a problem opening it without VLC or something. So I open MakeMKV, it sees the drive and i flashed the firmware for it. The firmware flash works, it says that it works with Libredrive and there's "yes" everywhere but for some reason i put the disk in the drive and MakeMKV loads for a minute or too and instead of recognizing what disk it is, it just doesn't load at all and just says that its not inserted, even though it is still inserted as I am typing this. Please help.

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: B:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BP50NB40
Revision: 1.03
Serial number: [redacted]
Firmware date: 2120-05-07 09:17
Bus encryption flags: 17

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted
dcoke22

Re: LG BP50NB40 not opening movie

Post by dcoke22 »

Does it work with a different blu-ray?

What happens if you gently clean the troublesome disc?
MartyMcNuts

Re: LG BP50NB40 not opening movie

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Issac wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:40 pm
I just got this LG BP50NB40 drive and a copy of Spider man: Across the Spider Verse that I want to rip, at this point actually open. The first thing I wanted to do was try and watch the movie through windows itself to see if its working. But every time I did try file explorer wouldn't open it and says that there isn't a disk in the drive even though there is. (this was before I flashed the firmware). I then ignored it and thought it was just a Windows 11 issue considering the fact that my computer sees the drive so I thought it just had a problem opening it without VLC or something. So I open MakeMKV, it sees the drive and i flashed the firmware for it. The firmware flash works, it says that it works with Libredrive and there's "yes" everywhere but for some reason i put the disk in the drive and MakeMKV loads for a minute or too and instead of recognizing what disk it is, it just doesn't load at all and just says that its not inserted, even though it is still inserted as I am typing this. Please help.

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: B:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BP50NB40
Revision: 1.03
Serial number: [redacted]
Firmware date: 2120-05-07 09:17
Bus encryption flags: 17

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted
Your drive cannot read UHD discs until it is cross-flashed to a UHD model. Cross-flashing to BU40N 1.00 is recommended. Read the first post of the SDFtool Flasher thread for instructions.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com