Japanese Pioneer Drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
el_Cheffe

Japanese Pioneer Drives

Post by el_Cheffe »

Forgive me if this has been already addressed, searches didn't answer for me.

I understand Pioneer drives had a (semi) recent firmware that has yet to be circumvented, and models from before December 2022 are the safest bet if you prefer pioneer (or ordering from some folks on this forum). I spotted an eBay listing for an XS07 from Japan and the box photo listed Dec 2020 as the manufacturing date. If it's a Japanese model, is it able to be used? I prefer to have a USB-C bus powered drive since I work on a MacBook and I'm not sure there are any reliable alternatives.

Thanks.
MartyMcNuts

Re: Japanese Pioneer Drives

Post by MartyMcNuts »

el_Cheffe wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:16 am
Forgive me if this has been already addressed, searches didn't answer for me.

I understand Pioneer drives had a (semi) recent firmware that has yet to be circumvented, and models from before December 2022 are the safest bet if you prefer pioneer (or ordering from some folks on this forum). I spotted an eBay listing for an XS07 from Japan and the box photo listed Dec 2020 as the manufacturing date. If it's a Japanese model, is it able to be used? I prefer to have a USB-C bus powered drive since I work on a MacBook and I'm not sure there are any reliable alternatives.

Thanks.
Yes, Jap drives are fine. Just confirm the date with the seller before purchasing.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com